Confused B/N Onkyo 3300 , 3305 , 3400

charmingchows

Hi..
I planned to buy a home theater of around 30k budget.After visintg many shops in hyderabad , i got a deal for onkyo 3300 , 3305 , 3400 all three for almost a same price of 23K. now my decission was torn between these three.

Can you please write what are the main difference between these three and which one is best of them....

THNX
(PS: the shop guy said me that the three models have almost same speakers..is dat true??)

I think this has been discussed in some other previous threads as well, the 3400 is a successor of the 3300 with one extra HDMI input AFAIK. That's the major difference which I have spotted so far.

Not sure about the speakers as I haven't had a demo of the 3400.

charmingchows,

Could you please specify the shops you visited in Hyderabad. I am helping a friend out in choosing a HTIB.

Thank you

In hyd..been to reliance digital @ banjarahills and kukatpally..
Croma @ panjagutta...
ezone @ city central..
hypercity @ inorbit mall...
Croma doesnt hav ONKYO stock..
@ all d above quoted around 25K

Bajaj electronics and onkyo dealer quoted @ 23.5K(we can negotiate still..)

Hi..
I planned to buy a home theater of around 30k budget.After visintg many shops in hyderabad , i got a deal for onkyo 3300 , 3305 , 3400 all three for almost a same price of 23K. now my decission was torn between these three.

Can you please write what are the main difference between these three and which one is best of them....

THNX
(PS: the shop guy said me that the three models have almost same speakers..is dat true??)

Do not buy 3305 because its a step down model as this one has no auddessey equalizer control and subwoofer is not that punchy as the other two models (3300/3400 have different look subwoofer which is heavier than the 3305). 3305 is 100 RMS watt per channel whereas other two have 120 watt per channel.

3400 is the new 2011 model and it has 4 HDMI inputs. You can go for newer model on my suggestion.

You hyd guys are lucky as you have so many stores over there which sells ONKYO at so reasonable price unlike here in Kolkata where I can find only one shop who sells onkyo sets and thats also in much higher price.

Hi,
Am new member into this forum. Thanks for the information as I was looking for the same ONKYO, which i saw in TMC begumpet priced at 25K. But now will give a try with the other shops you listed. Thanks for the info. Will also update which i have selected. The TMC guy doesnot have 3400 but had shown me the demo of 3300, which was really awesome. Will update you all.

Which location is the Bajaj electronics situated and the ONKYO dealer.. Please let me the areas and if possible the contact numbers..
Regards,
Vivek

Last edited:
well avoid 3305.. that a older model..

3300 have already got good reviews 3400 would be better as got an extra hdmi

both support 1.4... bajaj will be the best bet in terms of price.. not sure bout the onkyo showroom at ameerpet..

Where exactly is the bajaj electronics in Hyderabad situated.
Vivek

well avoid 3305.. that a older model..

3300 have already got good reviews 3400 would be better as got an extra hdmi

both support 1.4... bajaj will be the best bet in terms of price.. not sure bout the onkyo showroom at ameerpet..

yeah...finally got 3400 for 22.5k ...very much happy wid dat....

also got some freebies along wid dat...

will write a review on it soon...

@ dinesh-

wud be nice if you can write about the performace of your 3400 and also on the deal you got along with freebeez.. others could also get tips on future deals..

cheers,
tecmec

@charmingchows
cud u please share the details of the shop from where u purchased onkyo 3400 ? and also what freebies u got...

thanks

from where did u get it for such a great price ? pls do tell , i am living in chennai and i really like the onkyo 3400 , but its a little above my budget which is of 23k ! max !

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back