Confused between Sony 42" W650A and Samsung 40F5500

the.kodz

Both this models are newly launched. Didn't get chance anywhere to compare these 2 models side-by-side, but I feel Sony picture quality is much better than Samsung (for these models).

Only issue with Sony's W650A is just 1 USB port and 2 HDMI which hurts me.

Please share your experience with this models if any.

I would go with the better picture quality!!!
+1. Better quality any day. How does "only one" USB port really matter? Even if you had three ports, you can still play only one device at a time. At most it is a slight (very slight) inconvenience.

Same with HDMI. My TV has 3 HDMI ports but I never found the need for the third one. And just in case you wish to attach 5 HDMI devices (can't really imagine the scenario), you can always buy a cheap after-market HDMI switch.

Last edited:
True..Always prefer PQ instead of these minor issues..There are workarounds for these but none for lack of PQ..You can use HDMI switch,Media player, USB hub or even a cheap laptop for minor issues..

Guys even I am looking at these 2 models. sam has wifi built in and sony doesn't. Song is 42 inch and sam is 40.
Cost -Sam 59k
Sony 61k but 3k additional for wifi

Kindly suggest

You can use HDMI switch,Media player, USB hub or even a cheap laptop for minor issues.
34xd

Hey, I would like to add to your confusion by suggesting the Panasonic 42E6 which has great PQ and 5* rating from whathifi!

Absolutely no difference in PQ.When will people realize this.I should tell you that F5500 is around 60K and F5100 which has same PQ as F5500 but no internet features sells around 50K.When you compare PQ of F5500/F5100 then there is no difference in HD content.For SD content W650a will show smudged picture.Some prefer that.Samsung will try to reduce noise to the maximum of its ability and then leave as it is and never smudge the faces like sony.Im not saying this is bad or what sony does is good.It all is a personnel choice.It depends on what you eyes like.IMO you should buy Samsung F5100 if internet is not necessity but other than that Go for sony 650a or F5500 depending on what kind of picture you like in SD Feed.Smudgy or Sharp.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back