Cons: Price, VA Panel

2. Panasonic 49DS630

Pros: IPS panel, Price
Cons: Firefox, Not sure about service support

3. LG 49LH600T

Pros: IPS panel
Cons: Read in review that TV freezes at times due to less memory

Please help in choosing a good panel

I own 3 Panasonics, and 1 Samsung. The older panasonic got replaced with the newer one after 5 years of usage.

The samsung panel got changed thrice in warranty due to white spots(common samsung issue). While the Panasonic had one panel replacement, under warranty.

My vote is for the panasonic. You just can't go wrong with them. Customer service is good, and so is the reliability. Its also the most VFM.

Good experience with both Sony and Panasonic. A Sony 40" for 9 years. A Panasonic for 12 years and two Panasonic TVs for 7 years. All working fine with no service requirement. It could be the better quality of older models.

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

I own(ed) a sony as well as a samsung TV. Panel of sony went kaput the very next month after warranty expired, and they asked almost 60% of TV price for panel replacement. Threw it out in the junk, as I heard similar complaints against sony flat panel TVs
My samsung is with me for last 8 years, and its still going strong.

From my minimal experience I will never suggest a sony, but a Samsung any day.

They are all the same I feel. There are horror stories for every brand. Pick the TV that satisfies ones requirements and hope the TV doesn't ditch you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

In one thread i read about Samsung using its own panel when the model was launched which had good picture quality but replaced with Taiwan sourced panel during the end of life cycle of the product when the prices were substantially reduced and the picture quality was not upto the mark. Companies use panels sourced from different places for various models and a uniform assessment that it is better to go in for a particular make cannot be made as regards their longevity. The more opinions are there, more confusion. Besides the picture quality, check for service quality in your place of any make you prefer. Extended warranty is must. If u prefer brands like Videocon, philips, VU etc after sales service check is absolutely essential. Then
see the picture quality in showroom and decide.
All the best

Today checked the TVs again. Sony 50W800D takes more than 45 seconds to boot(start). Thats a definite negative.

Also checked Samsung 49K5570 and Samsung 49K6300 (curved FHD). Both are at similar price point.

Samsung 49K6300 looks attractive but lots of web info says its not a very useful technology particularly in screen size less than 55inches.

In LED TVs LG is the best, i own 3d smart LG Tv no issues from past 4 years. As per service center guys LG has least customers coming back for repairs.
LG pioneered the passive 3d technology and IPS panes have great picture clarity and color reproduction.

In LED TVs LG is the best, i own 3d smart LG Tv no issues from past 4 years. As per service center guys LG has least customers coming back for repairs.

LG pioneered the passive 3d technology and IPS panes have great picture clarity and color reproduction.

That's a lucky thing. I had a lg 42 inch until 2 years back. Had 3 times repair while it was working. Panel was ok, but all 3 boards failed. And on the event of 4th failure, lg told they no longer make the board, so they will refund the amount. First repair was during warranty, and in two years the thing completely died. Lg refunded, 22k after long fight for 6 months. The price when bought was 68k 4 years back. So, I cannot agree that lg is good so much !! But, bad thing is no company is perfect, the second samsung I got now has a line on the display after warranty. So in my opinion its our luck if it works for us. ! U are free to buy anything we like at the showrooom. It may or may not last. Just only be prepared to bear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back