Confused in HomeTheater units :(

dinesh1201

Hi All,
I'm hoping that I would surely get a true help here from experts.
Actually I'm using creative 5.1 in my PC but now I want to buy a home theater unit for my TV.
I've a budget of 20k and sometimes I wonder that why people (specially the ones I've found on net) are insist for Yamaha, Onkyo kind of units only?
Please forgive me at this point :) I know they are the king in the HT market but unfortunately they slipped from my budget.
Are Sony, LG, Panasonic's are that kind of bad that nobody want to buy :sad: , what are they lacking?
Actually after a long research I have decided LG-HB806TM that comes in my budget.
I would love to buy Yamaha YHT-294 but in that cost I covered speakers, DVD player .. etc , also YHT-294 type of unit is beyond my budget. :sad:
Can somebody help me on this? Should I buy this without hesitation or what it lacks/drawback? Please enlighten me.

Waiting for help :)

Regards

Yamaha, Onkyo and the kinds are usually the stepping stone to the pro world. To find out what they have more than LG, the easiest way is to go to a store and audition it. Words may not be enough to express those.
If you are constraint by budget, there isn't much that can be done. You could look for pre-owned equipment also.

Hi All,
I've a budget of 20k and sometimes I wonder that why people (specially the ones I've found on net) are insist for Yamaha, Onkyo kind of units only?
Please forgive me at this point :) I know they are the king in the HT market but unfortunately they slipped from my budget.
Are Sony, LG, Panasonic's are that kind of bad that nobody want to buy :sad: , what are they lacking?
Actually after a long research I have decided LG-HB806TM that comes in my budget.
I would love to buy Yamaha YHT-294 but in that cost I covered speakers, DVD player .. etc , also YHT-294 type of unit is beyond my budget. :sad:
Can somebody help me on this? Should I buy this without hesitation or what it lacks/drawback? Please enlighten me.

Waiting for help :)

Regards

Hi dinesh ,
Sony ,LG , panansonic are producing entry level home theater systems. They will split the sound well to surround speakers , but they will lack in the power deleivery so exact reprodcution of sound as in theaters will not be there.
ONKYO/Yamaha and all producing hi end AMPS / speakers , You get definitely better sound as in theaters of course it also costs more.

Probably you can visit any hi-end HT showroom and see the demo , after that you wont like Entry level home theater systems.

But if you cannot stretch your budget now , better stick with the existing creative HT , and go for hi end when you can strech .

But if you still think you want to buy now itself , go with PHILIPS HT it is far more better in SQ comparing to other entry level home theater systems like SONY or LG.

What i suggest if you stretch your budget a little i.e 3 to 4 k you can easily pick up Onkyo HTS 3400 , Better you go to any HT shop where it's available and audition . easily you find the difference between them.. :)

I would suggest you streatch your budget for another 3-4k and get Yamaha YHT 294 or Onkyo ( I personally feel sound from Yamaha is better than Onkyo). The sound will be substantially better than LG, Sony, Phillips, Samsung etc.
Regarding your DVD player, you can connect the TV with the PC with the help of a VGA to RCA converter (Rs 400). You dont purchase a Home theatre every year, so streatch your budget on that, rather than bothering about having a DVD player in the same budget. When your pocket permits you can get a DVD player.

Hope this helps!
Best of luck.

The main difference, apart from the bells and whistles, lies in the speakers. You can imagine if someone is providing the whole enchilada fro 15-16K, they must be cutting corners somewhere. Usually, the somewhere is in the speakers. The receiver/player would do the basic that you need, i.e. decode the audio, output the HD vid etc. but when it comes to sounding good, the speakers lose out.

The same would be the case with the other HTiBs from Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha. But comparatively, they'd be better sounding than the Sonys, Samsungs and LGs of the world...

Hi there,

A big thanks to all of you. I got the actual point here, also a Hometheater is a one time expense "as pupupuchi28 said".
After very helpful answers I got from here I've decided to wait a bit and collect some better money to buy me a Yamaha or Onkyo/Denon's entry level HTiB.

Thanks again, NO to LG,Sony's..category :)

You can buy Onkyo 3400 for 25K or even less.

You may or may not like the audio quality of these HTs. But the main thing they lack is input support, HD audio support etc. Buy one and you will regret later when you want to connect an HD receiver or media player. Most of them don't even have a coaxial or optical input for your digital audio. HTIBs from yamaha and Onkyo have a dedicated AV receiver to which you can connect various devices like blu-ray player, dvd player, dth box etc. It can decode more audio formats also. The sound quality is better than the others you mentioned.

My advice: wait a few months and gather that extra money for a better HT system. You won't regret later.

Hi,

I've already given a BiG thank to all of you I don't know where that post gone, might be in moderation stage.

I wanted to tell you guys that I've left the thought to buy LG, Sonyss type. This evening I visited to Reliance Digital in Lucknow ( I'm from Lucknow, so here's no exclusive HiFi studios exist but you can get LG, Sony and all kinda stuff in Reliance, eZone, Jumbo stores, no exclusive stores for Onkyo kind ).

I heard Onkyo 3300, Sony, and LG's kind of some models worth 19-21,000 price range.
OMG what Onkyo produced was blown my mind, the sound was crrrracking, the BASS was feels like cushion in low volume, really that was amazzing :yahoo:

You know even Sony's 6 ch HT worth 43,000 not stand there :cool:

Now one more suggestion, should I go for Onkyo HT-S3300? They quoted me 22,300 in Reliance Digital. Were they telling me the expensive price? in naaptol[dot]com I could see Rs. 17434/ for 3300 I asked for HT 3400 but no luck.

Please answer one more time :)
- :sad:

Again a Big thanks to all of you, you guys are real Xperts.

Thanks again

This evening I visited to Reliance Digital in Lucknow ( I'm from Lucknow, so here's no exclusive HiFi studios exist but you can get LG, Sony and all kinda stuff in Reliance, eZone, Jumbo stores, no exclusive stores for Onkyo kind ).

There's is Profix dealer in Lucknow. Address as per Profx website:

M/s. Madhav Enterprises
Contact No: 2205480 / 09415419876
Dealers in: DENON, KEF, Polk Audio & QED

Also, E-zone (at Fun Republic) has Onkyo. Inquire there about the models.

Hi Anurag,

Thnx for info. I called them (Madhav Ent.) but they don't have Denon's basic model (30k something price tag), they have Polk and all but those are very expensive and not uner my budget. They don't deal in Onkyo also.

Can you suggest now.. can I go for Onkyo HT S3300? Reliance and HomeTown both have this model :)

Best

Try to find HTS-3400. Though there isn't much difference between 3300 & this on paper, I've heard that 3400 sounds powerful & better than 3300. If you couldn't find a 3400, bargain as much as possible for 3300, as it is a older model.

Hi Anurag,

Thnx for info. I called them (Madhav Ent.) but they don't have Denon's basic model (30k something price tag), they have Polk and all but those are very expensive and not uner my budget. They don't deal in Onkyo also.

Can you suggest now.. can I go for Onkyo HT S3300? Reliance and HomeTown both have this model :)

Best

I would suggest to go for Onkyo HT-S3400 as HT-S3300 is older model. Also Onkyo HT-S3400 has 4 HDMI ports comparing to 3 HDMI in 3300. Subwoofer is much more effective in Onkyo HT-S3400 comparing to 3300.

If you dont get the product in lucknow, try look for HT-S3400 from some dealer in Delhi, who will be able to arrange for you in lucknow.

I purchased my Onkyo HT-S3400 for Rs.22500/- Some of our member have bought Onkyo HT-S3400 for around 25K with some freebies. You should be able to get it for less than Rs.25K delivered to your home at lucknow.

Best of Luck and happy hunting.

Thanks folks :) Any online dealers who can arrange 3400 for me in Lucknow. I've been searching and found nothing yet :(

Best

Check this one Onkyo HTS 3400

I dont have any experience with the above online retailer. Before deciding to buy with online retailer

1) Check about warranty (should be company/manufacturer provided)
2) Confirm demo and delivery - Most of them provide installation as part of the cost
3) Price quoted seems to be on higher side, contact them for a final best price.

Hi Guys, thanks to all of you. I was going to buy LG, Sony's stuff but just because of you all today I'm the proud owner of Onkyo HT-S3300.
I found not much difference between 3300 and 3400 also stores in my city only have 3300 model.

Finally I'm happy with the decision. Tomorrow the technician will come to setup all the things.

Also you know what I got a Panasoni'c blue ray DVD with Rs-3339 /- discount. I also bought a Blueray Panasonic player worth Rs 6,999 and I got this offer in Reliance Digital :yahoo: .

Thanks again :clapping:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back