Confusion !! Confusion !!

rajivaryan1984

Friends,

I was planning to create a proper Hi-Fi Stereo environment using proper tools but had made lot of mistakes. My Music collection is majorly in Hard Disk in the form of Mp3, Wav and Flac files. I also own lot of Music CD's. I currently have Marantz PM 7005 with Whaferdale Jade SR Surround Speakers and may would like to upgrade to Marantz PM 8006. On Parallel track, I have also noticed Cambridge CXN V2 the network streamer which looks very appealing . I am really confused and need your inputs --

1. What is the difference between Marantz PM 7005 which is an integrated amp vs Cambridge CXN V2 ?
2. Should I upgrade to Marantz PM 8006 or buy a new Cambridge CXN V2 ? Which one should I prefer ?
3. I have a Marantz CD 6006 CD Player. Can It be integrated with Cambridge CXN V2 ?
4. Should I move from Wharfedale Jade SR Rear Surround speakers ? If Yes then which are the suggested Speakers ideal for Music with bit of Bass ?

Please help....

Rajiv, You can use the DAC inside Marantz PM7005 for playing files from your laptop through the digital input.
Regarding speakers, what’s the budget?

No issues with the budget...how is Dali Zensor 3 for Music Listening. Also do i need to add a sub woofer to the PM 705 setup

Please try auditioning wharfedale linton heritage with your Marantz. I’ve not used sub for music, so can’t comment on it.
Dali Z3 with Marantz, I found the combo to be bit bright sounding. YMMV

This thread might help

Back