Confusion:Toshiba 39P2305 Vs LG42PN4500

d@rk nemesis

I am in a state of confusion between these two TV.Budget is strictly restricted to 35k max.

Primary Usage: SD channels(Daily Soaps Channels :indifferent14:) via Airtel DTH and I would be using it occasionally for watching BDrips.It will be used for around 7-8 hours daily.

I really liked LG's 42 inch plasma but my primary concern is the warranty provided(1 year) (No extended warranty plan is available but they provide some amc which costs again 3k for a year and it does not cover parts replacement cost) and future of plasma.Also is it true that plasma tv is difficult to repair than led tv ?

On the other hand Toshiba LED is offering 3 years warranty and many people have praised about it here but when I compared both TV side by side.LG was winning hands down in SD channels.

Can anyone give some insights on quality of LG Plasmas ?

What would you guys suggest depending on my usage ? I need to purchase in by Monday :D

I am in a state of confusion between these two TV.Budget is strictly restricted to 35k max.

Primary Usage: SD channels(Daily Soaps Channels :indifferent14:) via Airtel DTH and I would be using it occasionally for watching BDrips.It will be used for around 7-8 hours daily.

I really liked LG's 42 inch plasma but my primary concern is the warranty provided(1 year) (No extended warranty plan is available but they provide some amc which costs again 3k for a year and it does not cover parts replacement cost) and future of plasma.Also is it true that plasma tv is difficult to repair than led tv ?

On the other hand Toshiba LED is offering 3 years warranty and many people have praised about it here but when I compared both TV side by side.LG was winning hands down in SD channels.

What would you guys suggest depending on my usage ? I need to purchase in by Monday :D

My choice would be LG 42PN4500 as primary usage will be SD channels & occasional BR Rips.... as this is HD ready TV, It would scale the SD content less compared to Full HD model....

There is nothing like repairing a Plasma TV is difficult... That was false information... BTW did you check with LG on the extended warranty program?

Flipkart has listed this tv with 33K after 10% discount... If you finalise on this TV, bargain for few more bucks in the nearest dealer..

I would say maintaining Plasmas is kinda pain, the Break in things you should take care. More over if the room is very bright it will be an issue. Also the future of the Plasma is unknown, & about LG's support for it.
but the SD will be better in Plasma LG as mentioned int he above post
LED TV here to say at least for another 3-4 years i believe as it has become more affordable also you get 3 year warranty free of cost from Toshiba.

But 42 Inch TV will be definitive bigger than 39 Inch. :eek:hyeah:

I would say maintaining Plasmas is kinda pain, the Break in things you should take care. More over if the room is very bright it will be an issue. Also the future of the Plasma is unknown, & about LG's support for it.

But 42 Inch TV will be definitive bigger than 39 Inch. :eek:hyeah:

Not really...My brother owns the LG HD Plasma for more than 4 years....He never really took care of burn in in the initial 100 Hrs... Juz the normal TV watching pattern of 4 hrs a day & 6 - 8 hrs on weekend...

When we had 21/29 inch CRT, we never bothered about reflections & lighting. CRT had the same amount of reflection that a Plasma would have...

We never pay attention until we are aware abt it...

Visually it is hard to differentiate the 39/42/43 inches.... 42/43 inches will look slightly bigger than 39....

I choose to differ

I have 42 INch LG my brother and cousin from US both have 40 Inch Samsung - first thing after seeing my LG they asked it is 42 incher right??:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I just saw, too late.

Anyway here goes for other members benefit. Flipkart is offering LG PN4500 42 incher at Rs 32,144 and if you have a ICICI, HDFC cards, there is cash back offer of Rs 3,500 in certain EMI schemes on other TVs. For the present TVs are being sold in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi only.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back