techboy

My end game Audio Nirvana Setup is complete now! :D
(SAME SETUP FOR MUSIC AND MOVIES)

Home HIFI 1 (Primary)

Computer / Asus STX Sound Card SPDIF out ->
SPDIF Splitter ->
Asus Essence One Muses Edition DAC ->
Garage1217.com Hybrid Tube Headphone Amp/Pre "Project Ember" ->
AVI ADM 9RS 2.0 Active Bookshelves with 6.5" Drivers (325 wpc)

Home HIFI 2 (Secondary)

SPDIF Splitter ->
AVI ADM built in DAC/Pre / AVI ADM 9RS 2.0 Active Bookshelves with 6.5" Drivers (325 wpc)

Home Headphone HIFI 1 (Primary)

SPDIF Splitter ->
Asus Essence One Muses Edition ->
Garage1217.com Hybrid Tube Headphone Amp/Pre "Project Ember" ->
MX Headphone Cable Extension 25ft ->
Sennheiser HD 650

Home Headphone HIFI 2 (Secondary)

SPDIF Splitter ->
Asus Essence One Muses Edition ->
MX Headphone Cable Extension 25ft ->
Sennheiser HD 650

SPEAKERS (on Wall mounts supplied by Magma)
AVI ADM 9RS 2.0 Active Bookshelves with 6.5" Drivers (325 wpc)

HOME HEADPHONES (Headphone stand bought by ProAudioHome.com)
Sennheiser HD 650

DACs
Asus Essence One Muses Edition (Primary)

AVI ADM 9RS Built-in DAC (Secondary, it is in the same league as my primary DAC, worse in some ways but better in many ways as well, however, it doesn't suit my personal sound signature as much, despite being exceptional in technicalities and easily being worth more than half the price of the speakers itself!)

Asus STX (Stand-by/By product)

Motherboard built-in (Stand-by/By product)

HEADPHONE AMPs/PREs
Garage1217.com Hybrid Tube Headphone Amp/Pre "Project Ember" (Primary)

Asus Essence One Muses Edition built in (Again, comparable to my primary amp, and better/worse in some ways, just that I prefer the tube sound of my other amp :))

Asus STX (Stand-by/By product)

VALVEs/TUBEs
Bought over 25, mostly through Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay including some really nice/expensive ones but at good bargain prices!

CABLES
Nothing exotic, regular stuff: Belkin and MX mostly

SOURCE FILES
Mostly WAV/FLAC with occasional MP3s (mostly 320 Kbps) / YouTube

EQ/DOLBY VIRTUAL SURROUND
Asus STX (Works nicely for that, so is definitely worth having in the setup!)

PORTABLE HEADPHONE HIFI

Netbook / Ipad / Iphone ->
FiiO E12 (Coming Soon) ->
HD 598 with a handmade cable of more than 1m which ends in 3.5mm

LINKS (IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING OR KNOWING MORE - NO AFFILIATION - JUST A RECOMMENDATION)

Active Speakers : AVI ADM 9RS
Latest Active Speakers - Products | AVI HiFi
AVI HiFi Forum
Bought from AV Nirvana India (Mumbai) Home (Through Rajdeep)

Headphone : Sennheiser HD 650 (Home) / Sennheiser HD 598 (Portable)
Buy Sennheiser HD 650 Headphone Online - Sennheiser Headphones India
Sennheiser HD 598 - Audio Headphones High-end Surround sound - Stereo, HiFi
Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles
Bought from Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com

Hybrid Tube Headphone AMP/PRE : Garage1217.com Project Ember
About Project Ember
Home | DIY Audio Heaven
Bought from Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay / Can also be bought directly from the website via Paypal.com
US Made and Comes with 3 years Warranty
Customer service is top notch!

DAC : Asus Essence One Muses Edition
Sound Cards and Digital-to-Analog Converters - Xonar Essence One MUSES Edition
Bought from SMC International (Nehru Place - New Delhi) via Rashi Peripherals via Asus India (SMC Agent - Dilip SMC International)

Sound Card : Asus Essence STX https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_STX/
Bought from Faheem The Audio Megastore

SPDIF Splitter : Generic from ebay.in

http://www.ebay.in/itm/140983086801?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cables
Belkin wireless networking, mobile, and power management products
MX MDR ELECTRONICS & MX ELECTRONICS & HDMI & CCTV CAMERA & DVR & SDI ACCESSORIES & VGA ; DVI & APPLE ACCESSORIES & CABLES & CONNECTORS & HOME THEATER CABLES & PRO-AUDIO / STUDIO ACCESSORIES & FIBER OPTICS & CABLE MANAGEMENT & CABLE ORGANISER & VIDEO
Bought locally and through Rajdeep (AV Nirvana India)

Portable Headphone Amp : FiiO E12
FiiO
Importing from USA through my Mamu, Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Portable HD 598 Mini Cable Handmade
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111169606123...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Wall mount
Magma Ali / Sound Foundations Sound Foundations - Homepage

Headphone Stand
Faheem / The Audio Megastore

Tubes
Over 25+, mostly NOS and many really good ones, mostly through Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay

Thank You so much in sharing my moments of bliss! :) People in Delhi are invited (everybody) to come over to my place if they wish to listen to my setup, I would love it :)

Aakshey

SOURCE
Express Way...: Congratulate Me...!

Congratulations on your set up, and congratulations on presenting so much info. Giving all those links is so useful for those wishing to follow up a product. It is such a good idea that it ought to become a forum rule! :)

People who want pics are requested to head over to my place with their camera, take pics and post online :D

Your wish, you like to burn your money. Burn it. Some people perhaps like burning money as well. It gives them pleasure. Just take a lighter and burn a Rs.100 note. If you have enough, why do you care? Can you tell me if that person is an idiot even if he gets enjoyment in showing his financial strength to himself? Again, it is subjective. I call him stupid. But many people would admire him

There is nothing wrong in trying to show off. Just that you will end up making a joke of yourself some day, when you try to portray yourself as somebody who you are not. You won't have enough to to leave enough for your children or give them expensive education or expensive weddings, or enough for them to live their life on it. So it makes no sense unless you can take care of the primary things in life first.

Congrates techboy :)
Seems to be lot of learning gadgets you mentioned for me, as I'm gonna look into details of those...

By the way, what the hell I read just above :confused:

Your wish, you like to burn your money. Burn it. Some people perhaps like burning money as well. It gives them pleasure. Just take a lighter and burn a Rs.100 note. If you have enough, why do you care? Can you tell me if that person is an idiot even if he gets enjoyment in showing his financial strength to himself? Again, it is subjective. I call him stupid. But many people would admire him

There is nothing wrong in trying to show off. Just that you will end up making a joke of yourself some day, when you try to portray yourself as somebody who you are not. You won't have enough to to leave enough for your children or give them expensive education or expensive weddings, or enough for them to live their life on it. So it makes no sense unless you can take care of the primary things in life first.

There is nothing wrong in buying expensive stuff if you can comfortably afford it without disrupting everything in your life.

And your arguments prove why education is important. And should be the focus of a parent's life :p

As far as sales are concerned, brands for the upper class usually don't have sales. Brands for the upper middle class like Tommy Hulfiger and Gant have sales. Brands where each shirt costs a few lacs won't ever have sales. Rich people only go for bespoke solutions or very high end ready made solutions.

There is nothing wrong in buying expensive stuff if you can comfortably afford it without disrupting everything in your life.

And your arguments prove why education is important. And should be the focus of a parent's life :p

As far as sales are concerned, brands for the upper class usually don't have sales. Brands for the upper middle class like Tommy Hulfiger and Gant have sales. Brands where each shirt costs a few lacs won't ever have sales. Rich people only go for bespoke solutions or very high end ready made solutions.

I think this quote was originally made by Techboy in the thread I had started on group buy for Mont Blanc Pens....Well I just wanted to correct some things mentioned in that post of Techboy....

I would guess we would all agree that Mont Blanc is a 'brand for the upper class' and let me also tell you that Mont Blanc also has what they call "promotions" which are never advertised; calling it a 'sale' would hurt their pride....and in one such promotion I have see a pen being offered for 70% off and there were many at 50% off....I myself picked up a limited edition pen for 30% off and hope to pick some more from such promotions.... on Audio front I would guess Luxman is also a upper class brand, on which again I was offered a 50% off on the MRP on their one of the top of the line brand new pre power combo in a European country that I visited a few months back...On Harbeth Speakers I was offered 30% off in that same country (and yes the prices in that country of these products is less than prices in India). So I would suggest always ask for a deal for you never know what surprise the seller has in store for you.

Anyways congratulations to Techboy....lot of detailed information about his gear and I am sure it sounds great.....

I hate taking pics. If somebody comes over to my place, they can take as many pics as they want.

Denny from Bass n Treble has already heard my setup at my place, by the way :)

Thank You

Aakshey

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back