Connecctivity issue Polk Magnifi Mini

Dear team,

I have recently purchased Polk Magnifi mini soundbar for my computer.
But now i saw that magnifi can play 5.1 only by Optical or HDMI arc , my motherboard does not have HDMI arc port and Optical output as well .
How do i play 5.1 from these speakers now ?

Yes the asus xonar DG should work.
And not only magnifi mini, no device can play 5.1 sound via 3.5mm headphone jack. HDMI, optical, digital coaxial, or multiple RCA connectors will be required.

Yes .. got the xonar dg card, connected the card to my sounbar via spdif out cable, now how do i acquire 5.1 surround soud , i mean should i make any changes in windows ... as spdif output is giving very low volume and i cant feel the 5.1 surround as well .
I have i5 6500k processor with amd r9 390 gfx card and lg 27 4k monitor.

Yes .. got the xonar dg card, connected the card to my sounbar via spdif out cable, now how do i acquire 5.1 surround soud , i mean should i make any changes in windows ... as spdif output is giving very low volume and i cant feel the 5.1 surround as well .
I have i5 6500k processor with amd r9 390 gfx card and lg 27 4k monitor.
Being just a center soundbar with a sub it can provide you room filling sound but can it really provide you true 5.1 surround even with the 5.1 audio..? I doubt it. Perhaps I never experienced soundbars so I may be wrong

tried ... but undertstanding nothing,,,, in sounds option of windows 10 , i have selected spdif output, in its advanced option, i can see only 2ch 24 bit option. can i use hdmi arc cable in addition, as i have 4k monitor and r9 390 sapphire gfx card.

tried ... but undertstanding nothing,,,, in sounds option of windows 10 , i have selected spdif output, in its advanced option, i can see only 2ch 24 bit option. can i use hdmi arc cable in addition, as i have 4k monitor and r9 390 sapphire gfx card.

2 ch 24 bit option means only stereo....there is no 5.1 output available and hence you are facing this....is the content you are playing or viewing actual has 5.1 DTS or DD? Check that first.....

Yes you should try the HDMI option if available on your PC. I've connected my Onkyo to my Nvidia GTX1050ti and getting all 5.1 surround options. The MagniFi has HDMI options available, try that.

Yes you should try the HDMI option if available on your PC. I've connected my Onkyo to my Nvidia GTX1050ti and getting all 5.1 surround options. The MagniFi has HDMI options available, try that.

So ... lets say, my optical wire will connect from sound card to soundbar , and another hdmi wire will connectr gfx card to soundbar ... right?

So ... lets say, my optical wire will connect from sound card to soundbar , and another hdmi wire will connectr gfx card to soundbar ... right?

HDMI itself should do the job for single setup as it passes both High definition audio and video. I'll tell you my chain:-

For 5.1 - AVR (Onkyo) connected to PC(Nvidia GTX 560ti) using HDMI Cable.
For Stereo - Integrated amp (Marantz) connected to FiiO D03K using 2RCA cable -> FiiO D03K connected to Mobo (built in sound card) using Optical cable.
I think I didn't test connecting my AVR to PC via optical cable.

HDMI itself should do the job for single setup as it passes both High definition audio and video. I'll tell you my chain:-

For 5.1 - AVR (Onkyo) connected to PC(Nvidia GTX 560ti) using HDMI Cable.
For Stereo - Integrated amp (Marantz) connected to FiiO D03K using 2RCA cable -> FiiO D03K connected to Mobo (built in sound card) using Optical cable.
I think I didn't test connecting my AVR to PC via optical cable.

butr whatrr do you suggest in my case ... i need 5.1 from my soundbar

then right click on that and go to "configure speakers" check what options you see there. Does it shows options for 5.1?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back