Connect Active Speakers To Laptop & iPod?

Bolake

JUST WANT TO USE DJ ACTIVE SPEAKERS IN MY BEDROOM FOR PC/TV/iPod (Gaming, Music, and Movies
I'm tired of my old surround system that just uses your standard 3.5mm jacks that wasn't purely created for music, so I want the upgrade to the pro grade speakers and I'm not sure about everything.

(Speakers will be used for playing music from PC, and iPhone, which only have 3.5mm jacks)

iphone-jack-close-up-425.jpg

My Speakers
surround-sound-speakers-z506.png

Soon to be new speakers

SSA2145.jpg

bba0297_6.jpg

I would also like to say don't tell me to not waste my money because I already have a fine setup, it's my decision all I'm asking for is how to set it up when I get it, that surround system cost more than those 2 12" speakers so it isn't a waste of money..

So what I'm asking you guys is, how could I connect speakers like these to a PC / iPhone without loosing any sound quality for not a lot of money?, and for them to be linked together obviously.
Any would it be the same process for other active speakers that don't have rca inputs and only have 1/4 and xlr?

I know there is loads of different ways of doing this, what would be a simple cheap way with having no buzz noise and sound quality loss!

Thanks a lot

-Bolake

Anyone gonna give a flipping answer instead of just reading the thread and clicking off. I bet everyone who read this shit knows exactly the answer but can't be arsed to help a "noob" out. Nearly 70 views and no replies? Why did I join this forum..

Use a 3.5mm to 2RCA cable to connect the laptop out to the LINE-IN of the speakers. For better sound quality buy an external usb dac.

Hi Bolake
Welcome to HFV.

Your active speakers can accept balanced input (mono) which is not available on your sources (iphone or laptop). Like baiju suggested, you need a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable to connect them.

It could be a fine setup that you have but the 'source' needs to good enough to compliment the capabilities of your setup. I suggest that you get a external DAC for your laptop. Even those entry level models from Fiio or Nuforce should give you somewhat better quality sound and they are, well, cheap enough for you to consider. In short, please get a DAC. :)

JUST WANT TO USE DJ ACTIVE SPEAKERS IN MY BEDROOM FOR PC/TV/iPod (Gaming, Music, and Movies
I'm tired of my old surround system that just uses your standard 3.5mm jacks that wasn't purely created for music, so I want the upgrade to the pro grade speakers and I'm not sure about everything.

(Speakers will be used for playing music from PC, and iPhone, which only have 3.5mm jacks)

I would also like to say don't tell me to not waste my money because I already have a fine setup, it's my decision all I'm asking for is how to set it up when I get it, that surround system cost more than those 2 12" speakers so it isn't a waste of money..

So what I'm asking you guys is, how could I connect speakers like these to a PC / iPhone without loosing any sound quality for not a lot of money?, and for them to be linked together obviously.
Any would it be the same process for other active speakers that don't have rca inputs and only have 1/4 and xlr?

I know there is loads of different ways of doing this, what would be a simple cheap way with having no buzz noise and sound quality loss!

Thanks a lot

-Bolake

What do you want? Connect one source to the speakers at a time? Or connect multiple sources together.

For one source, you just need a cable called 3.5mm stereo to RCA. The best value cable on the market is a ProLink 4N OFC cable (less than 10 USD). A slightly better cable is Nuforce Transient. They used to be around 30+ USD but now sell around 10-15.

If you want to connect multiple sources and leave them connected all the time, you are out of luck. The easiest would be to buy a few 3.5mm female adapters from an electronics spares store and wire them all together with one set of RCA out. This will work without any problem so long as only one of your input sources is switched on. Switch on more than one of them at the same time and you have a problem.

A better solution but not cheap is to buy a preamp and use a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable for each of your input source to connect it to the inputs at the preamp's rear.

Anyone gonna give a flipping answer instead of just reading the thread and clicking off. I bet everyone who read this shit knows exactly the answer but can't be arsed to help a "noob" out. Nearly 70 views and no replies? Why did I join this forum..

So much frustration :D
:yahoo:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back