connecting home theatre to my samsung tv

shrajan673

Hi,

Iam planning to buy Yamaha yht 2910 this diwali. But I have few doubts in connecting the same to my tv. Here is my situation:

1. I have Samsung EH6030R. It has just two HDMI ports, 1 USB port, 1 component input and 1 av input

2. I have airtel HD stb, Xbox 360 and an old Philips DVD player

3. Might get a blu ray player (not sure as of now)

My problem is whether I can connect all the above with Yamaha yht 2910 in such a way that :
1. When I use stb, I should listen sound through my 5.1 (and also in tv)

2. When I play movies through USB in tv, I should get audio from my 5.1 ( and also in tv)

3. When I play in my Xbox, I should get audio from my 5.1 (and also from tv)

4. The above said situation in case of my DVD player too.

Theoretically,

If I connect all the sources to av receiver (inputs) and connect my tv and av receiver (through receiver output) all with HDMI (except for DVD player which will bw through av connections- video to tv and audio to htib), is that possible ???

It will be very helpful if you guys guide me. Thanks in advance !

The 2910 has 4 HDMI inputs... you can connect all the device directly to the HDMI inputs and from there a single HDMI out to the TV. Check below:

Xbox, STB, DVD player, BD player(if you get one) -----> AV receiver

AV receiver -----> TV

In this setup, you will need to power on the AV receiver whenever you want run any of the devices for the setup to work.

If ure playing USB via the TV, if your TV supports ARC, then the HDMI would be able re-produce the sound from the receiver, and if it doesnt support ARC, you will have to connect the Audio out cable from the TV to the receiver.

Edit: If you cant connect the DVD player via HDMI, then connect using the regular AV connections. For Audio, check if the player supports optical audio port. Use that to connect the AV receiver for the sound. Another thing, playing movies off the usb will not re-produce real 5.1 audio unless the file that youre playing supports it

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Bro ! But I have a problem here. My TV doesn't have any output connection (no audio or video) except a headphone jack. WIth respect ARC, yeah it will support ARC (I guess cos, its a last year model with HDMI- all HDMI supports ARC). And If I want to paly from USB through TV, will my HTIB give sound with same connection ? Or can I change the connection as:

TV-HDMI to AV receiver-in and then from AV receiver to my 5.1 ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back