Connecting set top box to AVR > no video > because of Analog signals, work around?

Premblr

Hi HFVians,

I own Denon 1713 and I tried connecting set top box to AVR, This is through RCA cable. This doesn't out put Video through HDMI because of Analog input signals but I can hear Audio through speakers.

Can you guys think of a work around?

Higher versions of AVR has upscale conversion but 1713 doesn't support this feature.

Regards,
Prem

Last edited:
Re: Connecting set top box to AVR > no video > because of Analog signals, work around

Why don't you just get a HDMI wire between the set top box and the AVR? If the set top box does not HDMI output, try and get the analog outputs directly to the TV and then the TV's audio output to the AVR.

Re: Connecting set top box to AVR > no video > because of Analog signals, work around

Hi Kneo,

Set top box has RCA output only, the AVR connects to a Projector through a long 25 feet HDMI cable and not to TV. This is the reason...

Thanks,
Prem

Hi HFVians,

I own Denon 1713 and I tried connecting set top box to AVR, This is through RCA cable. This doesn't out put Video through HDMI because of Analog input signals but I can hear Audio through speakers.

Can you guys think of a work around?

Higher versions of AVR has upscale conversion but 1713 doesn't support this feature.

Regards,
Prem

Is the Pure Direct mode enabled on your AVR?

Hi Elango,

Pure direct mode is for audio right? I am not able to get Video to Projector, audio is coming through speakers.

My set top box has 3 RCA outs, Red white and yellow, yellow goes to Video IN and other 2 to audio IN.

Thanks,
Prem

Hi Elango,

Pure direct mode is for audio right? I am not able to get Video to Projector, audio is coming through speakers.

My set top box has 3 RCA outs, Red white and yellow, yellow goes to Video IN and other 2 to audio IN.

Thanks,
Prem

Yes... When Pure Direct mode is enabled, it would shut off the Analog video circuitry from my reading.... Hence checked if this mode was enabled....

Why not video RCA directly to TV or projector and audio RCAs as usual to AVR. Does your AVR has RCS Video Out. If yes, You can try that as well.

I don't have a 25 feet RCA cable Vinay, I thought the HDMI which is already connected to projector will take the Video signals.

Why not video RCA directly to TV or projector and audio RCAs as usual to AVR. Does your AVR has RCS Video Out. If yes, You can try that as well.

This will work with a composite video switcher between the STB and TV / PJ but that is possible one if PJ accepts composite signal.

Otherwise there are several converters which are available in market that convert component to HDMI and also has upscalar, you may think of adding one such device after due research

This will work with a composite video switcher between the STB and TV / PJ but that is possible one if PJ accepts composite signal.

Otherwise there are several converters which are available in market that convert component to HDMI and also has upscalar, you may think of adding one such device after due research

isn't he better off getting a STB with HDMI rather than getting a converter which might become redundant when he upgrades to HD STB with HDMI...

Thank you haisaikat and elangoas

I think, I will go with an STB with HDMI out since there is no jugaad fix available I guess.

+1 to elangoas's idea

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back