Connecting Sony BDV E-880 to LG 42 LW6500 and Tata Sky DTH.

udayvajandar

I have a LG 42 LW65oo 3D Smart TV which has HDMI/DVI IN 1 (ARC) and another three HDMI/DVI IN Ports(2,3 & 4). I also have a Sony 3D Bluray Home Theatre System BDV E880. This has a HDMI OUT ARC and two HDMI IN (1 & 2). I also want to connect this system to Tata Sky DTH cable connection. Tata Sky has got one HDMI port, one SPDIF Optical port and Audio OUT ( L & R ) and Video OUT connectors. The LG TV also has a Optical Digital Audio OUT port and Sony BDV E880 has a Digital Optical IN.
Presently LG TV HDMI/DVI IN2 is connected to Sony HTB (BDV E-880) HDMI ARC OUT and HDMI/DVI IN4 to Tata Sky HDMI. Tata Sky DTH Audio OUT (L & R) is connected to Sony HTB Audio IN (L & R). As such presently HDMI/DVI IN1 (ARC) of LG TV and Digital optical port of TV,HTB and DTH are not utilized. So kindly suggest me the Best connection scheme for Best Audio-Video.

just use hdmi.
dont use anything else.
connect tata sky hdmi out into sony HT hdmi IN 1
connect any other device hdmi out in future into sony HT hdmi in 2
connect tv hdmi in...from HT hdmi out.
nothing else is reqd

Thanks. My TV and HT are presently dismanled for room painting. While reinstalling I will connect it the way you suggested and let you know. Do I need to change any settings or the TV, HT and Tata Sky DTH will automatically recognise each other? In my present connection mentioned in my earlier post there was slight lip movement and sound mis-match issue. Will it get solved with this connection?

I tried the connection scheme suggested by Prosenjit. Its working fine but the only disadvantage is I have to always keep my HT on and get the sound via HT ( keeping TV on mute). Can you suggest any connection by which I will have choice to switch on the HT only when I need to watch movies and sometimes songs and get the out put from HT? Rest of the time ( news normal serials etc) I can watch through normal TV sound keeping off the HT? I tried to connect Tata Sky to HT through Optical cable but it did not wok. I dont know whether it needs any settings.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back