Connecting sub to marantz pm6005

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

I know there are quite a few post's on this, which is why I'm attaching pic's.

Can someone help me with connecting my polk sub to the pm6005.

Pics attached.

My main speakers are connected on B on Marantz.

Do I connect the subwoofer to A on the receiver via normal speaker wires?

Thanks guys!
5799ed55942c03fba26527b31d2e02f4.jpg

6887c9198ec9f2828dda9f69d91b7f50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Hey hi,

As I see in the pics you can do it in two ways.

1. As you say.
2. Connect your speaker out from amp to Speaker In on your sub. Then connect the speakers to the speaker out on the Sub. Adjust the crossover on the sub to what sounds good without getting too boomy.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hello,

Interestingly I have also been researching the same. What I figured out is, connect speaker wires from the B terminals (can be A also but as you already connected to B would be more convenient) of your amplifier to the ' speaker in ' of your sub and then take connection from 'speaker out' of the sub to the speakers.

Speaker B from AMP ->'speaker in' of sub ->'speaker out' of sub -> speaker terminals of speakers.

So far what I learnt is, this is the best recommended solution if the amp doesnt have sub out. Let experts give their opinion. Thanks.

Thanks guy's. Big thanks to mash who guided me step by step to connect the subwoofer to the Marantz!

After the connection, wow what a difference! I say a sub definitely makes a huge difference to stereo in music!

I've set my sub to about 30% volume.

And the crossover on the sub to 90. Only one confusion. While fiddling with the crossover on the sub from 60 to 120, my ears could not make out any difference. How do I make sure the crossover on the sub is working?

Thanks guy's. Big thanks to mash who guided me step by step to connect the subwoofer to the Marantz!

After the connection, wow what a difference! I say a sub definitely makes a huge difference to stereo in music!

And the crossover on the sub to 90. Only one confusion. While fiddling with the crossover on the sub from 60 to 120, my ears could not make out any difference. How do I make sure the crossover on the sub is working?

You are welcome. WhatsApp rocks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

You can feel any sound quality difference when using option2 as mentioned by mash, because my doubt is that speakers are connected to subwoofer's amp not marantz amp directly...?? and also you get the crossover on the sub is working perfectly?

Hello, i have Marantz PM5005 Amp, Bose 301 Stereo bookshelf speakers and Kef PSW2500 subwoofer. I use Marantz's record out to connect subwoofer but even full down main volume subwoofer still produce sounds and at whenever i increase the main volume subwoofer sounds like decrease. My amplifer has A + B speaker chanels. is it possible to use this option ( Option 2. If Amplifier has speaker A + B options ) in my subwoofer ?

Hello, i have Marantz PM5005 Amp, Bose 301 Stereo bookshelf speakers and Kef PSW2500 subwoofer. I use Marantz's record out to connect subwoofer but even full down main volume subwoofer still produce sounds and at whenever i increase the main volume subwoofer sounds like decrease. My amplifer has A + B speaker chanels. is it possible to use this option ( Option 2. If Amplifier has speaker A + B options ) in my subwoofer ?
Terminal A to speakers and terminal B to speaker input on sub. Set crossover on sub and level match it to speakers using an spl metre.

The sub being an active sub will not use the marantz amp, it will only taste the signal and feed it to its own amp.

MaSh

Terminal A to speakers and terminal B to speaker input on sub. Set crossover on sub and level match it to speakers using an spl metre.

The sub being an active sub will not use the marantz amp, it will only taste the signal and feed it to its own amp.

MaSh

It works perfectly! Thank you so much MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back