Connecting Yamaha 196 to TV and Laptop

nitinkalra2000

Hi,

I have recently purchase Yamaha yht 196 model. I am connecting my Laptop HDMI to Yamaha 196 HDMI and Yamaha HDMI-OUT port to LCD's HDMI port for watching movie.
Movie is playing fine but the sound is coming only from front speakers. Center and surround speakers are not working.

Can anyone please suggest me what to do ?

Hi,

I have recently purchase Yamaha yht 196 model. I am connecting my Laptop HDMI to Yamaha 196 HDMI and Yamaha HDMI-OUT port to LCD's HDMI port for watching movie.
Movie is playing fine but the sound is coming only from front speakers. Center and surround speakers are not working.

Can anyone please suggest me what to do ?

change ur speaker setup in the audio control panel to 5.1 speaker setup. Also cwhat player are uusing to cplay? u need to make sure that it bitsreams the audio to the AVR

You should set your PC playback device which is hdmi in your case to use 5.1 speaker system. Next you should set the mediaplayer to send the audio in bitstream mode. I suggest potplayer and xbmc for your use. In potplayer you can set the bitstreaming under Preference > Filter Control > Audio Decoder > Built-in codec settings > select AC3, DTS etc under passthrough. In xbmc Settings > System > Audio output > select all the formats supported by your avr and set the passthrough device to wasapi hdmi.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back