Connecting ZIN 5005HD to windows 7

badriaruna

Hi,
I am not able to connect to window7. In Zinwell ZIN5005HD, I did navigate to file manager -> network -> workgroup -> I am able to see my PC here. When chosen it is asking for net user id and password. I am giving my windows admin user name and password. Yet it is stating Login failed.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Badri

I think you need to first create a home group and allow the option of accessing your win7 system to other users. Try this option out.

Thanks

I think you need to first create a home group and allow the option of accessing your win7 system to other users. Try this option out.

Thanks

Do u mean creating home group in win 7 and giving access all the user to this home group.
But I am stuck at the network user id login scree.
Is there any admin password for this user?

Thanks
Badri

The system where you are running win7 create an user name and password and then create the home group. Using the other system try to access this win7 system which will prompt you to enter the username and password. Just put it as what you have created above and you should be able to get the access to this system.

Thanks

You should share your hdd partitions or folder first in win 7. Right click the drive you want to share and select properties>Sharing>Advanced Sharing> Check 'Share This Folder'. Next click Permissions and add 'Everyone' if it is not there. Set permission as 'read'. Similarly set 'Security' for 'Everybody' by clicking Edit and Add. Now open 'Network and advanced sharing settings' under 'network and sharing center' and disable password protected sharing. Now you can access the shared drive from the player without entering username and password.

I earlier created a home group, but I was navigating wrong
I shouldn't go thru network, right path was UpNp
Then I was able to see my home group
Can I give access to a folder instead of my videos only
Thanks

Back