Connectivity Solution for Apple iPhone4 with Denon AV 1311 Receiver system

sudeep_ban1975

Hi Friends,

I have a different query this time - How do I connect my new iPhone4 to my AV system? My home theatre comprises of a Panasonic 42S20D LCD TV + Denon 1311 AV Receiver + Jamo S406 Speakers + Jamo Sub 200 (Sub Woofer)

I want to listen to the music on the iPhone as well as watch HD video..
What would be an ideal connectivity solution to achieve best output??

Would really appreciate valuable suggestions from the veterans out here .

Thank you all in advance!

Regards

Sudeep

Now there are various ways to do what you are asking:
1. If you want it just for music then buy yourself an Apple airport express and then connect it with Denon via. Either an optical cable or a normal analogue IC and then wirelessly play the music stored onto your IPhone viaAirplay.

2. If you also want to stream video to the connected TV too then buy yourself an apple tv and connect that to Denon and then wirelessly play both your music and videos through your IPhone.

3. Last option is to buy a Denon IPod dock and connect it with Avr and then play your music and video by docking your phone onto the dock.

Just make sure that the dock that you buy does not put the iphone into airplane mode (no calls) when playing music or video.

Docks can be very cheap like the apple universal dock to very expensive like the arcam or the onkyo digital dock depending upon the quality of output provided.

Thank you all for your inputs.

I'd really appreciate an inexpensive solution. As you would empathize, I have already spent a lot on the TV + Home Theatre and the iPhone.. :(

@ Ashish: Can't a normal iPod dock be used with the AV receiver?? Denon iPod dock seems to be quite expensive around 7K... Cant I use an HDMI adapter cable to connect the iPod with the receiver??

Please suggest, I am not keen to spend much on the arrangement but at the same time want both music and video to run through my AV receiver..

Thanks once again for your prompt replies.

Rgds

Sudeep

@ Ashish: Can't a normal iPod dock be used with the AV receiver?? Denon iPod dock seems to be quite expensive around 7K... Cant I use an HDMI adapter cable to connect the iPod with the receiver??

A normal Ipod dock will also do but it might not charge your iphone and the most important part is that you will not be able to control the same with your Denon's Remote as well as you might not be able to see the library stored onto your phone on the TV screen and will have to manually change every song from your Iphone itself which is a deal killer.

Ok. Got the point. Cant afford to change songs in the playlist / movies manually... I guess I should get the denon iPod dock... One last investment ..

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards

Sudeep

If pricing is similar I would suggest new gen appletv. It has airplay - so you can play your songs/ videos from your iphone wirelessly.
I am eagerly waiting for my ipad (coming this fri!) and iOS 5 that would have airplay mirror - which means whatever is there on ipad would get displayed on my TV/ projector.

ipad is here. I have not tried airplay (or airtunes) but with my old appletv, the remote is very charming. If only it could wake it up, send to sleep from this remote it would have been the best thing.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back