• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Contrast AS-3 Speakers - Great condition

Home Theatre Systems
Status
Not open for further replies.

odyssey

Up for sale are a pair of Black Piano Contrast Audio AS-3 speakers. These speakers retail for US$2000 in the US. He has used them for about 1.5 years and has recently moved to a larger house and room and upgraded to a large speaker. These speakers are functionally flawless and are in overall great condition. The base of the speaker has smudges where there were placed on stands.
They are also unique in that they are designed for low powered amps including tube amps. They are an easy load and relatively flat impedance. Read Sid Vootlas review for more details

The asking price is 80K with stands, almost 50% of the new US price. The stands are sand fillable and fit these speakers very well. They were bought in France many years ago. Pickup is in Bangalore, shipping if required will be on actuals.

You can read more about the speakers here

http://www.hifivision.com/reviews/47850-contrast-audio-model-one-as3-ref-loudspeakers-review.html

I am putting this AD here for traded-in speakers of a friend of mine.

thanks
Sridhar

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Attachments

• DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,448
  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,445
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,434
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,444

Santy

Quoting a message from the supposed owner of this item Soundbuff

The Contrast Audio speakers posted here by Odyssey, belong to me and I was not a Forum Member at that time and had requested Odyessy to put them on sale on my behalf.

In order to make the sale more attractive the price of these speakers is being been reduced to Rs. 55/-thousand. The speakers are capable of working with as low as 3 watts and sound best with anything about 15-20 watts or more. Speakers with 16 ohm load and 93 db sensitivity are very hard to get in a book shelf. I have reduced the price significantly as they are simply lying with me and it would be better if they are put to use by an audiophile with a entry level tube amp or medium power SS. BTW I have also run them with a 100 watt amp also, no problem.

Anyone interested can PM me. For Bangalore members Audition at the his residence is no problem, just have to fix a convenient time. For serious buyer a home audition could be arranged. Fully boxed, shipping elsewhere would also not be a problem, however I am reluctant to send it to another city for auditioning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.