Controversial topic coming up - cables!

madbullram

A beautiful Saturday at NY, relaxed meeting of long time friends, a basement made for audio listening.

The Setup:
Technics SL 1200 MKII
Meridian CDP
Krell KSA- 300 Power Amp with a Matching passive DIY pre amp
B&W Matrix 805

Some selections:
Nancy Marano - Sure Thing
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue
Mark Knopfler - A Ragpicker's Dream
Vinnaithandi Varuvala
Taal

and....

Update 1:
The panel:

Junior Akshay: 12 yrs old, very active, curious and naughty. Loves music. Greets you with wassup! Knows all the setup and details. Total live wire

Dr. Sent(hilnathan): Born nerd, my oldest friend, some double Phd in stuff I dont know how to spell, works for Apple in their audio research lab (he wont tell anyone anything more...NDA!). The owner and mr.nice guy :)

Punk-Rock (aka Rajat, college name is punk-rock): Was a Rock star in making, had long hair, Tatoos, pots, girl friends, charm, drummer cum guitarist...currently works in an IT company, bald head, 36 waist, glued to blackberry which has reminder on when he needs relieve himself :)

Saran: Poet, Tamil fanatic, Carnatic music maniac, talks about anything from Obama to Homer Simpson to George Bush!

Mrs. Senthil: College queen, the main reason we hated Senthil 14 yrs back, kathak dancer, amazing cook, and an amazing & sensible friend

and then, the fit for nothing, not able to fit anywhere, IT consultant, URS TRULY

Keep tuned...;)

Last edited:
Hurry up!! Else some poor depressed audiophile might hang himself from the ceiling with his latest cables ... because you didn't keep your promise ... :eek:hyeah:

I got a new cable too - the Chord CrimsonPlus ... :eek:hyeah:

Nice buildup so far MBR. Sounds like a lotta fun. Post pics too.

Hurry up!! Else some poor depressed audiophile might hang himself from the ceiling with his latest cables ... because you didn't keep your promise ... :eek:hyeah:
:lol:

I got a new cable too - the Chord CrimsonPlus ... :eek:hyeah:
Calls for another meet eh Gobble?!! Also, did you also get the Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cables that you were after?

Nice buildup so far MBR. Sounds like a lotta fun. Post pics too.

:lol:

Calls for another meet eh Gobble?!! Also, did you also get the Chord Carnival Silverscreen speaker cables that you were after?

Yep. Was happy to get it at less than UK price :eek:hyeah: and shipping was zero.

lets meet soon and lets not hijack the OPs thread...

A beautiful Saturday at Bengaluru, relaxed meeting of long time friends, an HT room made for audio listening... :eek:hyeah:

(Nice counter build-up Gobble !! Yea!! :clapping::clapping: .... me and Madbull facing and circling each other like two Sumo Wrestlers ...)
Ooops! :eek:

Cheers

Last edited:
and....

Update 1:
The panel:

Junior Akshay: 12 yrs old, very active, curious and naughty. Loves music. Greets you with wassup! Knows all the setup and details. Total live wire

Dr. Sent(hilnathan): Born nerd, my oldest friend, some double Phd in stuff I dont know how to spell, works for Apple in their audio research lab (he wont tell anyone anything more...NDA!). The owner and mr.nice guy :)

Punk-Rock (aka Rajat, college name is punk-rock): Was a Rock star in making, had long hair, Tatoos, pots, girl friends, charm, drummer cum guitarist...currently works in an IT company, bald head, 36 waist, glued to blackberry which has reminder on when he needs relieve himself :)

Saran: Poet, Tamil fanatic, Carnatic music maniac, talks about anything from Obama to Homer Simpson to George Bush!

Mrs. Senthil: College queen, the main reason we hated Senthil 14 yrs back, kathak dancer, amazing cook, and an amazing & sensible friend

and then, the fit for nothing, not able to fit anywhere, IT consultant, URS TRULY

Keep tuned...;)

Interesting cast .... Can you make it a whodunnit like an Agatha Christie Novel? :)

Like who ate the last remaining slice of your favorite cream cake while you were busy swapping out the interconnects ...

or who mishandled or dropped your fav CD to give it scratches ... :eek:hyeah:

OK will wait till next weekend ... :)
cheers

Dammit - Just landed on this thread when reading about cables.

madbullram - You HAVE to finish this story after that wonderful introduction.

Damn! didn't realize for long that this is not a thread rather fossil .. LOL

I am more interested in the setup - Matrix 805 and Krell ... hmm very potent combination.

@Madbullram - can you please manage some time and memory to continue this? :D

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back