Convert songs to digital format (lossless or high bit rate MP3s)

nikhiltadsare

Hi,

I have a cassette which I want to convert to digital format, either lossless or high bit rate MP3. The reason - the cassette player has gone kaput and I have no intentions of buying a deck. Secondly the recordings are not available in market or online stores since the cassette was recorded by Alurkar music and the shop is no more.

So asking here for help, is there any easy way of converting songs to digital format at home (by borrowing friends' cassette player) ?
Are there any shops in Pune which do this and at what cost ?
How reliable is it to covert songs ?

Invite your comments / suggestions / guidance in this regards. Thanx in advance !

Best Regards,
Nikhil.

If you have an old 'walkman' and a desktop, you can convert the cassette to digital format. Use a 3.5mm stereo cable to connect the walkman headphone out to line in of desktop pc audio card. Use a software like audacity to record the sound being played through the walkman.

how are you going to eliminate noise from the deck/walkman to computer. removing clicks later through software is extremely frustating (by experience) and time consuming. It took me a week to reduce/erase clicks and level the volume from two CDs.

best way could be to record on standalone Cd recorder (systems whereby played cassette could be recorded directly onto CD.) maybe some studio or audio market

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back