coreELEC boot error

bpranay

Hello,

I am not sure whether someone has posted this kind of problem here or not but since I am facing this issue so i thought i should better seek your opinions if I could get some help. Refer the attached pic.

Hardware:
1. X96 Max Android Box with 4GB RAM & 64 GB ROM
2. USD drive 1GB for coreELEC boot

Installation was fresh. burned using win32 disk imager. I did get coreELEC logo and immediately after that I got this error

###Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount _storage...type exit to quit ###
*** Error in mount_storage: mount_commin: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE ***
#

Please let me know where excatly I have gone wrong. Does anyone using coreELEC? shall I try it with SD card with higher memory or so?

Can you please check how many partitions are there on the SD card using MiniTool Partition Wizard (or from a linux system using fdisk) ? Perhaps only the boot partition got written to SD...

Can you please check how many partitions are there on the SD card using MiniTool Partition Wizard (or from a linux system using fdisk) ? Perhaps only the boot partition got written to SD...
I have used 1GB USB stick and saw 2 partitions there. Do you think I should try it with SD card?

Ok, from the error it looked like one of the partitions was not found. So was wondering if it is an incomplete disk write issue. Another possibility might be a dtb file that doesn't support your device
Which image did you try? CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz or CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz ? Wonder if this is a problem with dtb compatibility for X96 Max...
Btw, I use LibreElec with Odroid-C2, so no direct experience with CoreElec on X96 Max. But I see both are based on Amlogic S905 variants

Ok, from the error it looked like one of the partitions was not found. So was wondering if it is an incomplete disk write issue. Another possibility might be a dtb file that doesn't support your device
Which image did you try? CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz or CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz ? Wonder if this is a problem with dtb compatibility for X96 Max...
Btw, I use LibreElec with Odroid-C2, so no direct experience with CoreElec on X96 Max. But I see both are based on Amlogic S905 variants

Thanks....issue resolved when burned it with rufus. Now the next task is to configure remote. Any guidelines to do it?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back