Correct way to setup media systems in room

HeadElastico

Hi all,

Just required your help in the correct way to setup the following:-

1.) Tata Sky HD STB 2.) PS4 3.) Sony IV-300 (5.1 HT) 4.) 4k HDR TV 5.) Possibly, laptop

Now, one way is to connect the STB, PS4 and the TV to the HT Receiver and then have that process everything - drawback in this is I'm not sure the receiver can do HDR?

If that is the case, I will have to connect STB, PS4 to TV and connect the HT to the TV via ARC for audio - in this case, I would lose audio quality. i.e. no Dolby Tru HD or Dolby DTS.

Is there a better way around this?

Hi all,

Just required your help in the correct way to setup the following:-

1.) Tata Sky HD STB 2.) PS4 3.) Sony IV-300 (5.1 HT) 4.) 4k HDR TV 5.) Possibly, laptop

Now, one way is to connect the STB, PS4 and the TV to the HT Receiver and then have that process everything - drawback in this is I'm not sure the receiver can do HDR?

If that is the case, I will have to connect STB, PS4 to TV and connect the HT to the TV via ARC for audio - in this case, I would lose audio quality. i.e. no Dolby Tru HD or Dolby DTS.

Is there a better way around this?

I guess these two are the best options to connect. Isn't Audio passed through to the receiver via ARC? TV should not be doing any processing. If not, then connecting all sources to receiver is what you should do.

MaSh

With Hdmi pass through isnt the signal automatically being directed to tv so that the tv can do hdr and the avr can do audio?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

With Hdmi pass through isnt the signal automatically being directed to tv so that the tv can do hdr and the avr can do audio?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

This is actually what I'm not sure about :confused:. Because the AVR says 4k pass through, but nowhere is HDR mentioned. So I guess it wouldn't be able to do it, unless the AVR has HDMI 2.0 or 2.0a (which I cannot seem to find out for the Sony IV 300, but my guess is that it doesn't).

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back