Cosmic Cogram 2000

sureshkuranjalayil

Hi all,

I have got a Cosmic Cogram 2000 TT,which was lying unused for many years from one of my friend.

This TT is fitted with EEI Make E 100 Cartridge, but the stylus is missing. Kindly advise, whether I can use any other make stylus with this cartridge.

I have also got a E 400 Cartridge, please also advise whether I can use the stylus of E 400 with E 100.

Regards,
Suresh Babu

I am more familiar with the EEI Ceramic cartridges, the CS series. Nevertheless, the EEI cartridges overall were of low quality. Would not be a bad idea to switch over to Audio Technica.

suresh, that TT is a very good one and has a very good tonearm. the TT has a Akai direct drive kit and the akai stock tonearm, these were modelled on the technocs DD's and tonearm.

my suggestion is to discard the cartridge altogether as Ceramic carts are, in the long run, very damaging to the Vinyl... instead you can look at older shure cartridges from the used market - like the M44, M55 @ around the Rs 1500 - 2000 mark or a brand new Shure M97XE @ Rs 3750.

You will then have a TT that will better newer turntables upto the Rs 40K mark!

Sureshbhai,
I had EEI 100 cartridge and stylus. you can have it free if you want, give me time will double check and confirm. EEI 400 would be better. But as manav has said they are not high quality cartridges but they are magnetic.
Regards

Thanks Malvai, Rubin and Hiten for your immediate responses and inputs.

I will get the TT Serviced and will change the Cartridge/Stylus in the future, as advised by Malvai.

Hitehbhai - If E 100 is available with you, I will get it picked from your office as per your convenience.

Thanks,

Suresh

the TT has a Akai direct drive kit and the akai stock tonearm, these were modelled on the technocs DD's and tonearm.

Malvai,

I happen to own one and if i am not wrong the Cosmic co-gram 2000 is a belt drive, the other two models which cosmic sold were both DD

Hi suresh,

I had the Cosmic COGRAM BD 2000 earlier, the headshell is fixed in that not of bayonet type. I dont think it deserves a Shure M97xE, instead try the Audio-Technica AT-91 at around 1.8k, or if you can source from US try the AT-95 @ $33 its a steal. From my experience the Audio-Technica Carts are VFM, this I tell after using the Shure which died in a very short period.

Just my Rs.2/-

N.Murali

Thanks to Murali and Ruben for their valuable inputs.

I am taking up cleaning and oiling of the TT in this week end and will keep posted on the developments.

Best regards,
Suresh

Hi suresh,

I had the Cosmic COGRAM BD 2000 earlier, the headshell is fixed in that not of bayonet type. I dont think it deserves a Shure M97xE, instead try the Audio-Technica AT-91 at around 1.8k, or if you can source from US try the AT-95 @ $33 its a steal. From my experience the Audio-Technica Carts are VFM, this I tell after using the Shure which died in a very short period.

Just my Rs.2/-

N.Murali

Dear Murali,

On checking the tonearm, it is noted that there is no counter weight. My friend from whom the TT has taken told me that this TT is not having any counter weight.

Please advise.

Regards,
Suresh

Dear Murali,

On checking the tonearm, it is noted that there is no counter weight. My friend from whom the TT has taken told me that this TT is not having any counter weight.

Please advise.

Regards,
Suresh
Hi,Can you post a pic of your TT.I think it supports only Ceramic carts.

Regards,
Sachin

I second Murali, I've owned the AT-91 and it sounds really great for its price. However, if you are looking for something robust, the shure M44-7 is not a bad deal at all.

Hi
I have been using AT cartridges for over 40 yrs, just ordered an AT91-ECD for $30/- fm USA presently using AT91 real VFM,

I think the Cogram 4000 had a counter weight but came fitted with a ceramic cartridge. Your photographs would reveal the truth.

Yes,Cogram 4000 had a counterweight and a removable headshell and it used to come with MM cartridge.It was a Direct drive (rebadged Akai)TT.
I just got a pic which Anil has posted in the forum confirms BD-2000 had statically balanced tonearm with antiskating device.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/anilmn/Cosmic_turntables.jpg

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
From the link below
Cosmic cogram
it is belt drive with magnetic cartridge and with counter weight. please see last pic of post #2. Looks like a nifty little well made player.
Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back