COVID 19 - What is your Social Distancing strategy?

On continuation of this thread..... Entire Country is in lock down..

Salient points from PM speech on 24th March 2020:

1. Self distancing is the only option to combat COVID 19.
2. Lock down for 21 days from today midnight.
3. Draw LAKSHMAN REKHA in your entrance door and do not venture out.
4. In the world, it took 67 days for the first one lakh to get affected, 11 days for next 1 lakh and 4 days in the next 1 lakh. Do not venture out.
5. Lock down is the only option exercised in the countries where the health services are so good.
6. Do not venture out and invite the virus to your house.
7. All governments are working to reduce the difficulties of the poor
8. The central government has allocated 15000 crores to strengthen the infrastructure etc to fight against and for the treatment.
9. Do not believe in rumours and superstitions
10. Please do not take any medicine without any prescription from doctor.
11. India will not only tackle this challenge and also emerge successful in combatting the virus.

Just watched "Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool" on Netflix
Must watch for any Miles Davis fan.

miles-davis.jpg

Also watch chasing Trane after this. I enjoyed both

Day 5, and my system has already got a workout such as it has not had in the last few years.

If this lockdown goes beyond the original 21 days I wonder what I will do.....

Postponed selling a bunch of stuff :)
I was planning to scale down a bit.

Will do it in the right thread, in the right way once the virus is in control. Hopefully soon.

Take care,
Sharad

Last edited by a moderator:
Electronics in my house has not taken the lockdown very well. Marantz 7010 is in protection mode even after all connections disconnected and a factory reset. Ac in living room causing problems. I have to hunt down my old two channel integrated amp to give me my basic daily dose of music.

Though as a Doctor I still need to be visiting the hospital daily, with stoppage of OPD services I'm getting lots of time for music and kids.

I'm exploring my much Ignored CD collection (after I Moved to Streamer and computer Audio) all over again. Luckily I have been locked down with a friend's Ultra High End Esoteric Cdp K01, it couldn't have been any better for me. Incidentally I bought many titles a week before the Lock down.
I'm Spoilt with choices currently , Indian Classical, Rock, Jazz or All time favorite AR Rahman?

IMG_20200329_45193.jpg

Just watched "Chasing Trane: The John Coltrane Documentary" on Netflix
Another great watch for any jazz / Coltrane fan.

91WFmU59O6L._SL1500_.jpg

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back