Creative Inspire 5.1 as Home Theater for Samsung smart TV

magzone2002

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum, thanks. I have a problem, I have a 5.1 Creative Inspire PC Speakers that I want to connect to my Samsung Smart TV as a home theater speaker. my problem is (I've already connected the RCA jacks of the 5 small speakers to the Subwoofer, and the last thing to do is from the subwoofer is to connect the 3 (orange, green and black - front;rear;subwoofer) (headphone type jack) to the TV . the problem is the tv has only one hole for audio out. the other holes on the tv are the of rca for the dvd player and one optical out. I dont have a player connected to my tv yet. my question is , how can i connect the 3 jacks? is there a converter that can connect the 3 , and then the other end , one jack for the tv.? and will have real front, rear, and subwoofer sound. thanks , i hope you can help me.

quick and dirty, get a pair or stereo splitters/ y cables. Very cheap. You'll have sound on your front and rear, and possibly sub, though centre would play only one of the channels.

Hi

Computer 5.1 speakers are meant for the computer where through a 3.5 mm jack connection L+R signals (analog) are converted to 5.1 analog outputs and this is indeed not true Surround sound or effects that gives the real home theatre experience....

If you enable virtual surround on the computer even 2.0 speakers sound so spatial spacious that one believes that actual decoding is happening..which in reality does not happen.

Hi

Computer 5.1 speakers are meant for the computer where through a 3.5 mm jack connection L+R signals (analog) are converted to 5.1 analog outputs and this is indeed not true Surround sound or effects that gives the real home theatre experience....

If you enable virtual surround on the computer even 2.0 speakers sound so spatial spacious that one believes that actual decoding is happening..which in reality does not happen.

Ac3 DTS Digital Optical Audio to 5 1 2 1 Channel Stereo Analog RCA Converter | eBay

This is optical to Analog converter which claims to decode DTS and Dolby. How good is such decoder. As of now even I am looking for a stop gap arrangement before I buy AVR system.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back