Creek evolution 100A

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Anyone heard or owned a creek amplifier? Especially the one mentioned? Would help me decide on a stereo setup. How is the creek sound in general? Thank you.

I did audition a Creek Evolution 50A with a 50CD, few years back when it was released. I remember the sound as much more open and agile than say an Arcam A19, much taught bass, lively upper end, overall much more dynamic and more musical than many similar priced options. I haven't heard the 100A though but expect it to carry the same Creek signature. If your preference is towards warmth then it may not completely satisfy but Creek provides a really nice tone control, I had checked the tone controls quite extensively and it really is very subtly effective unlike other amplifiers where the tone controls are best left untouched.

Thank u so much. My tannoys are on the warmer side and hence I’m pretty sure the creek would be a good match. The reviews seem pretty stellar and I’m pretty much fixed on this amp for now. Thanks again for the insight!

Creek Rates the wattage very conservatively, with Tannoys being 91db efficient, I think Creek 50A should be more than enough for home listening, thereby saving money. Extra headroom is mostly good though! I heard that with wharfedale diamond , very gracious sound signature with lush midrange / vocals. Definitely an Underrated amplifier in India, in my opinion.

That fellow can sing. Dr k is right. It is an underrated brand. One of the best headphone amps that I owned was the creek obh 21 and it put most expensive amps to shame. Good honest no nonsense engineering. Same goes for their home stuff.

I have been looking at the Creek 50A, heard these a couple of times and really liked them. Can not afford the 100A but I also felt that the 55W rating on the 50A is quite conservative. As far as I am concerned those 'stellar' reviews are well merited.
Let us know if you get a good deal.

Well, my listening space is close to a 1000sq for so I think the 100A would be a starting point. Some people say the creek is very clinical and dry. It’s a serious audiophile amp as per them. The only other option I have vs the creek is the Roksan k3. Plenty of videos of that paired with the speakers I own and guys are quite happy. So it’s either the Roksan k3 or the creek 100A.

If you have heard both amps and its now a decision between them...given the 1000sq ft listening space, compare the specs and take a call......the Tannoys may have a high sensitivity but you may need power to ensure decent playback for this space......you may need to hook your existing power amp to the Creek, if it is the Roksan K3, i think you will be adequately covered....

I have not heard the newer models. I have the 5350-II . It's basically a power amp with volume control and input selector. There is a provision to add a Phono board internally. Its got great LF performance. Deep and taut ! But several other amps ( including DIY ) beat it in the midrange and HF performance. That doesn't mean it's bad but just not as smooth as the others. However if you listen to it without comparing side by side , it sounds very good .

One cannot judge an Amp on its own and that's why I find the post confusing..

It's linked to other components maybe they do not tickle your fancy.

The area of one's listening room could be 500/1000/5000 sq.ft. but what is of more importance is the listening point (distance). That is more critical rather than the WHOLE listening area, don't you think?
Think of a room that's 20 feet deep but 50 feet wide - 1000 feet. Listening point at 15 feet. And think of a room that's 50 feet deep and 20 feet wide - 1000 feet. Listening point at 40 feet. Both same area but different listening points. Please don't be over simplistic with room area.
Another very important point is the space behind the speakers to rear wall.

Ok so the listening distance is a good 20 feet. Distance behind speakers is a generous 2 feet. It’s still a sizeable room. The distance from speaker to side wall one one side is about 10 feet on the other is about 20 feet. It’s a one time purchase and I don’t want to regret not buying a more powerful amp. Yes I know all u need is 3 watts and all that, food theory.

Anyways,all I wanted to know how the creek signature is if anyone else has their newer gear. As compared to the other Brit badges.

Anyways,all I wanted to know how the creek signature is if anyone else has their newer gear. As compared to the other Brit badges.
From my audio memory, it's very clinical. Detailed! Doesn't smooth out anything. No "warmth". A good thing, IMO!

No, plan is to buy brand new. Had heard a creek 50 before and had liked it, and,that's two questions! Lol

And if you want "warm" and "air" and "smooth" and all that nonsensical stuff, that's why they make equalizers.

Back