Crossover for my TL speakers @ Hyderabad

sudhirbhosale

I almost finished my TL speakers. See pic attached

Received help from Sandeep to build custom crossover. Thanks Sandip for that.

He use quality components and also measure the output, test multi tracks in order to tune the output and satisfy user.

Thanks to him for spending the amount of time for me.

He can be reached @ 9963067390.

Planning this week end to finish crossover part.

Attachments

• 2013-08-25 12.59.05.jpg
    2013-08-25 12.59.05.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 213
Drivers: Two way design: Peerless 26mm Silk Dome Tweeter - Ferrite system (TL26SG); Peerless - 6" Coated Paper Cone Woofer - S16NI .

Crossover: Initially i put single capacitor of 0.47, giving great base, later though of adding good crossover hence taking help of Sandeep.

Enclosures: Referred many designs and shortlisted two (one front opening, another top) as simple to build. But I made my own sizes.
Do It Yourself - Dynamic Speakers - Project: Transmission line by Raymond van Weeghel
Scott's Homepage

Internal : Not yet used any damping. Would do after xover done.

Future plan:
1. I would upgrade by adding 8"woofer but not now.
2. Planning to change baffle design to front opening for one speaker. Then again compare the difference and refine more

Enjoy DIY .....

Nice build, need your advise for my speaker build

Thanks
Raghu

jmascreen said:
Hi,

I am also planning to make a TL for me. Should you share with me the details of drivers and enclosure etc. Which will be very useful for me

Dont forget to add the X-over as well

Drivers: Two way design: Peerless 26mm Silk Dome Tweeter - Ferrite system (TL26SG); Peerless - 6" Coated Paper Cone Woofer - S16NI .

Crossover: Initially i put single capacitor of 0.47, giving great base, later though of adding good crossover hence taking help of Sandeep.

Enclosures: Referred many designs and shortlisted two (one front opening, another top) as simple to build. But I made my own sizes.
Do It Yourself - Dynamic Speakers - Project: Transmission line by Raymond van Weeghel
Scott's Homepage

Internal : Not yet used any damping. Would do after xover done.

Future plan:
1. I would upgrade by adding 8"woofer but not now.
2. Planning to change baffle design to front opening for one speaker. Then again compare the difference and refine more

Enjoy DIY .....

<snip>Enclosures: Referred many designs and shortlisted two (one front opening, another top) as simple to build. But I made my own sizes.<snip>
Sudhir, what did you use to determine the line length, taper, stuffing density and the position of the driver in the line?

Sudhir,

If it is your own design kindly share the details about measurements and certain parameters which you have ascertained in this design to reach the desired goal.

Sudhir, what did you use to determine the line length, taper, stuffing density and the position of the driver in the line?

line length, taper, and the position of the driver:
I did not calculate. I used coockbook approach from various sources

stuffing density :
Not yet done. any suggestions, advise ..... Welcome !!

Congrats....on your build.

Some time later in this year..i will plan to build a dedicated HT and then will think of TOWER Speakers three way.

For now i am happy with what i have so far. But hunger for new upgrades never dies once you get in here..ha..ha..

Thanks,
Hari

I have a pair of unused S16NI-4 and
Pair of SR10DT (used for 6-8 months)
which i am looking to sell. Location - pune, local pickup preferred.
Please contact if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back