cryoed power cables

mekr

Does any member knows about any facility in india offering cryogenic treatment,as i am looking for cryoed bulk a/c power cables for my dedicated power line for my audio system,for cables Lapp ,india has very good cables

Does any member knows about any facility in india offering cryogenic treatment,as i am looking for cryoed bulk a/c power cables for my dedicated power line for my audio system,for cables Lapp ,india has very good cables

For audio cables? I doubt it ! Two things to try

1. Walk into B.A.R.C or other research institution like TIFR with your cables and into the research lab ... quickly glance to your left and then to your right and when you are certain no one is looking, drop your cables into the cryo tank (they must have one) and chill (read a newspaper). Check your wristwatch and after 30 mins pick it up and walk away ... :rolleyes:

2. Enroll into a sperm bank ... at the last minute swap the vial for the cables when nobody is looking ... :eek:hyeah: . The next day (or whenever you "recharge") walk into the sperm bank again and apologize for having mixed up your "stuff" and swap the cables for the real thing ... :rolleyes:

ok Don't hit me ... The Little Red Devil was born this way ... before I cried out I cracked a joke ... and my first cry was actually a guffaw at my own PJ ... :)

PS: Remember not to yank the cable by accident ... esp. at the sperm bank. :) ;) :D

Cheers

Last edited:

1. Walk into B.A.R.C or other research institution like TIFR with your cables and into the research lab ... quickly glance to your left and then to your right and when you are certain no one is looking, drop your cables into the cryo tank (they must have one) and chill (read a newspaper). Check your wristwatch and after 30 mins pick it up and walk away ... :rolleyes:

2. Enroll into a sperm bank ... at the last minute swap the vial for the cables when nobody is looking ... :eek:hyeah: . The next day (or whenever you "recharge") walk into the sperm bank again and apologize for having mixed up your "stuff" and swap the cables for the real thing ... :rolleyes:

ok Don't hit me ... I was born this way ... before I cried out I cracked a joke ... and my first cry was actually a guffaw at my own PJ ... :)

PS: Remember not to yank the cable by accident ... esp. at the sperm bank. :) ;) :D

Cheers

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::rolleyes::cool:
:clapping:
:yahoo:
:lol::lol::lol:

a17.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mekr - I wish I had ears like yours :) If your are serious and really really want to experiment you can try ice cream parlour deep freezer. put cable as long as possible and try out. Though Cryogenic temperature is approx. below ?150 C and deep freezer approx ?15 C. but it will give you some idea. Also how do you plan to keep insulation intact ? At cryogenic temp. most of the rubber hardens and breaks.

ok Don't hit me ... The Little Red Devil was born this way ... before I cried out I cracked a joke ... and my first cry was actually a guffaw at my own PJ ... :)

Cheers
:lol::lol::lol:

GG,

I bet mekr wants to wring ur neck with his cryoed power cables ;)

GG,

I bet mekr wants to wring ur neck with his cryoed power cables ;)

Ah! But I am safe .. they will crack apart at the first bend or twist ... (having been cryoed)!! Or maybe they have already been yanked to bits? ;) :lol:

Cheers

Ah! But I am safe .. they will crack apart at the first bend or twist ... (having been cryoed)!! Or maybe they have already been yanked to bits? ;) :lol:

Cheers

But then since they will be around your neck they will be heated back into molten rubber dripping around your neck:rolleyes:

Slurrrrrrrrp

Now at the risk of this sounding like ju-ju:
Check this out. There is a section there about freezing CD's. Maybe you can try it with your unterminated cable and then terminate them. If it does not work you do not lose anything. If it does - let us all know.​

Now at the risk of this sounding like ju-ju:
Check this out. There is a section there about freezing CD's. Maybe you can try it with your unterminated cable and then terminate them. If it does not work you do not lose anything. If it does - let us all know.​

Is this kind of joke...

BTW I heard some listener freezing themselves in deep freezer and then returning to room temperature . offcourse slowly!

Listen to the Music post freezing process first and then see if you can listen to the other (normal ) way with the same pleasure !

Is this kind of joke...
Maybe. To see if it works - my IC's would need to go in the freezer and that means I would not have music for one whole day so I'm not doing this tonight. Maybe on Sunday night...

BTW I heard some listener freezing themselves in deep freezer and then returning to room temperature . offcourse slowly!

Listen to the Music post freezing process first and then see if you can listen to the other (normal ) way with the same pleasure !
If normal way & post freezing = "same pleasure" then what would be the point?
To see if it works - I would need to go in the freezer and that means I would not have music for one whole day so I'm not doing this tonight. Maybe on Sunday night I'll go in. I hate Monday's anyways. :lol:

Keith i think quickly this can be achieved by having chilled beer or driink on the rocks ...while listening the music. Body goes through quick thermal cycles (First chill ,then warmer due to alcohol) and music sounds "different!"

Keith i think quickly this can be achieved by having chilled beer or driink on the rocks ...while listening the music. Body goes through quick thermal cycles (First chill ,then warmer due to alcohol) and music sounds "different!"

Having crunchy snacks can interfere in SQ and you may hear crackling noises. The noises do not diminish if you move away from speaker or get louder if you place your ear close to the driver. It is hard to pinpoint it to preamp or power or cables. :)

After two or three beers midrange liquidity suffers and the mellowness intermittently gives away to a "churrrrrrrr...." noise esp if you leave the bathroom door open. :D

Just a few observations :eek:hyeah:

After a few "on the rocks", the music would seem to come from the walls as well :lol:

Just be careful not to trip over the bookshelves once you start rockin' casue it's gonna hurt real bad :sad:

Cryo cables are good where there are bends and turns in the cabling. Cryo basically reduces the internal stress of the material. At turns and bends wire gets stressed. Hence reducing this stress makes sense.

thanks to all the visioners who replied,if anybody needs help on the topic,i have found a person who will do cryogenic treatment here in india,i have sent him a sample and expect the result by middle of next week

thanks to all the visioners who replied,if anybody needs help on the topic,i have found a person who will do cryogenic treatment here in india,i have sent him a sample and expect the result by middle of next week

Buddy sorry -we took the topic in funny direction.

BTW are you cryo treating all cables or perticular type of cables?
What will be your test equipment?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back