cubieboard duty?

I thought of getting this sometime back but backed out when I got a good deal on a Foxconn mini-pc with 64gb SSD for $149. The Foxconn is doing the duty of my music-pc.

I thought of getting this sometime back but backed out when I got a good deal on a Foxconn mini-pc with 64gb SSD for $149. The Foxconn is doing the duty of my music-pc.

Intact I am using a foxconn mini PC too.. but need another one for the living room.. This one is too cheap to ignore.. So was looking at the cubieboard.. with Google movie rentals coming to India I am even more interested...

I have a cubieboard working flawlessly, and no, no duty was implied on it.

BTW :: OT How does the Google movie rental work ..?? I mean movie online purchase I can understand, just not sure how would the online rental work ...

Last edited:
btw any cheap board which can drive a PCI card? want to make music pc with a soundcard ...

They are called development boards, basically with embedded CPU+GPU+RAM+NAND Flash (internal memory) on one single chip, with basic A/V out including HDMI. These were made ever popular by a mere 35 USD Raspberry Pi (Which also I own), that was released for computer students to learn assembly language (but coz of its decent GPU, it was also used as a media player). After the huge commercial success of Rpi, there was a flood of development boards in the market. But due to the price point not many were a success, atleast no where near Rpi. Cubieboard is one such board had its share of success coz of the only board that is cheapest in price point, next to only Rpi, but providing better performance than Rpi.

Having better CPU and GPU, Cubieboard is able to perform better than Rpi, when it comes to OS navigation. AFA 1080p mkv and x264 encoding is concerned, both Rpi and Cubieboard are able to do it pretty effectively.

With a 50USD price point, cubieboard performance cannot be neglected, but you got to know what exactly you would be using it for.

Regards
Sammy

I have a cubieboard working flawlessly, and no, no duty was implied on it.

BTW :: OT How does the Google movie rental work ..?? I mean movie online purchase I can understand, just not sure how would the online rental work ...

Simple.. After you rent it through your play store account it is available to see for a limited time.. You cannot download the movie.. You can only stream it.. While inside android it is accessible through the play store menu.. While in the PC you open the play store in a browser and see the rented movie

OK.. thanks one last question, if you have rented or even purchased, can you tell me hows the A/V quality, is it HD, DVD, ?? Audio is it DD/DTS or HD Audio ..... few details will really help.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back