Currently Listening To [ Headphones + Earphones + AMP + DAC ? ]

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Hi ,
Share Your Current Portable audio Thats under your scanner ,I Am Basically Interested in Portable And Non Portable Products For

1 : Headphones
2 : Earphones
3 : AMPS [ Portable And Non Portable for Earphones + Headphones
4 : DAC [ Non Portable Off Course "Rarely its a Hybrid Lolz ]

Come On i Will Add My Gear With Pics and also some of my comments :D

Sure, I'll add my portable / non-portable setup

1) Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD650, Audio Technica W1000

2) Earphones: Ultimate Ears UE-11 Pro, Shure E500, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper, Koss KSC35 Balanced, Sony MDR-E888sp

3) Amps: Ray Samuels Protector Balanced Portable Amp, Ray Samuels Shadow Portable Amp

4) DAC: Headamp Pico Upsampling USB DAC used through a Macbook Pro

Sure, I'll add my portable / non-portable setup

1) Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD650, Audio Technica W1000

2) Earphones: Ultimate Ears UE-11 Pro, Shure E500, Monster Turbine Pro Gold, Monster Turbine Pro Copper, Koss KSC35 Balanced, Sony MDR-E888sp

3) Amps: Ray Samuels Protector Balanced Portable Amp, Ray Samuels Shadow Portable Amp

4) DAC: Headamp Pico Upsampling USB DAC used through a Macbook Pro

:) ,
Pics Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

Here are some pics:

Headphone left to right: Sennheiser HD650, Sennheiser HD600, Audio Technica W1000 on a custom wooden stand.
Top left box: Ray Samuels Audio Protector Balanced portable amp
Bottom left box: Ray Samuels Audio Shadow portable amp
Right Box: Headamp Pico Upsampling portable USB DAC
setup1g.jpg

Left to Right: Shure E500 IEM earphones, Audio equipment is the same as above.
setup2.jpg

Same as above, just another angle :)
setup3.jpg

Pico USB DAC on left, Ray Samuels Audio Shadow portable amp on right, small mini to mini cable on left is a military wire interconnect, Earphones are custom molded Ultimate Ears UE11 In Ear Monitors...4 drivers per ear piece, 3 way custom crossover. Shells have artwork that I submitted. They are hand painted by an artist.
setup4.jpg

Closeup of Ultimate Ears UE11 Pro IEMs. The letters in the boxes after the Om sign are "G" "R" "V" The consonants of my first name, Gaurav and initials of my complete name, Gaurav Roy Vij.
setup5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Sachi!

Long time man. The B52 is alive and well :) OP wanted just portable and transportable rig pictures, so I threw them up. Dude, any plans to come to Socal? We should hook up...

This one is for you :)

imageqwv.jpg

Amarbir, I highly suggest you join the head-fi.org forum. You can learn much more about headphones, earphones than any place else on the net or otherwise. They are sub forums dedicated to portable rigs:

Forums - Head-Fi.org Community

Custom In Ear Monitors are molded to the impression of your ears. They have a much better fit, seal and wear comfort. Further, each ear piece has ports custom tuned for the frequency response that the manufacturer wanted. The port length, sound and ear phone is customized to the listeners ears. All the drivers integrate perfectly where they are supposed to at the right distances from the drivers and into the ear drums.

The rest you can educate yourself at the forum link I provided. It is a very useful resource for all things relating to headphones....a knowledge base that simply cannot be replicated in forums like these and many others.

Amarbir, I highly suggest you join the head-fi.org forum. You can learn much more about headphones, earphones than any place else on the net or otherwise. They are sub forums dedicated to portable rigs:

Forums - Head-Fi.org Community

Custom In Ear Monitors are molded to the impression of your ears. They have a much better fit, seal and wear comfort. Further, each ear piece has ports custom tuned for the frequency response that the manufacturer wanted. The port length, sound and ear phone is customized to the listeners ears. All the drivers integrate perfectly where they are supposed to at the right distances from the drivers and into the ear drums.

The rest you can educate yourself at the forum link I provided. It is a very useful resource for all things relating to headphones....a knowledge base that simply cannot be replicated in forums like these and many others.

Sir ,
Member there since long time ,But each banda " Person " has his own fundas and i would like to listed to yours ,this enhances knowledge :D

Oh bhape ji,

Saade fundey bhi udhro aye si :)

Having said that, if you have specific questions about the items, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back