Custom Built "Record Stabilizer"

Tanoj

Hi Friends,

since very long time, i wanted to get a Record Stabilizer for my self ...

got it done at my native for Rs:200 , and it took just 20 mins to build one

got the specs from net

Does it work ? .... yes it does i can visibly see that its actually pressing the middle part of the record.

Any difference in SQ : yep .... difficult for me to explain but i will try to make it simple .... after it i feel as if i have added a filter ( less noise/distortion )

Tanoj

Last edited:
Dimensions : 4.5 X 6.5 Cms , Height X Width

Center hole : 1.1 Cms Approx

Weight : 360 Grams to 440 Grams , depending on the weight of the platter, type of TT, Direct drive or belt drive etc

i chose 370 grams for mine

if anyone is interested we can order this in group too, it will also help the person who built it for me, while i was getting mine built told him "you can expect more orders, if you do mine well" he was happy and gave his contact details too

He also built spikes for me, at a very less cost, and they are working great, gave a set of spikes to Yezdian too, he is using it on his TT Rack

Note : My only intension is to encurage the hard work and craftmenship of the workers and not to make any money out of this
Regards

Tanoj

Last edited:
It looks great, I am in for 1 stabilizer and regarding the spikes can I use it for say speaker stands or floorstanders. Are they heavy duty to take up this kind of load.

regarding the spikes can I use it for say speaker stands or floorstanders. Are they heavy duty to take up this kind of load.

if you see the picture closely, you will notice that they are actually stainless steel nut bolts of 12 MM thickness, turner just sharpened the bolt and gave a round face on the top to make it look good

i am pretty sure they can take the weight without any issue, iam acuallt building a AV Rack, which will have same spikes on the bottom, and the rack is going to lift its own weight ( wood , 5 glass plates ( 12 mm thickness ), amplifier, cassette deck, preamp, and a turntable on the top ) .... you may imagine how sturdy the spikes must be

Regards

Tanoj

I am planing to get a stabilizer done which will also have the Round spirit level on the top, it will help for aligning The TT also

Just like the Below Image, got the spirit level from ebay for 135 Rs

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back