Custom Duty Charge on Benq W1080st From USA.

Summer

Well I am from india and looking to get this projector from the ebay US website.

Couple of questions:
1. I know there was an import duty recently on A/V imports like TVs. Does this apply to PJs? If so, what is the duty rate?

2. The Warranty terms on BenQ US are not clear - not sure whether there is international warranty. Does anyone here have experience with this?

3. If the total cost is 1100$ including shipping charge then how much custom department will charge for that.

4. I found on a website that if the seller declare the item as a gift. it helps to reduced the custom charges.

Can someone pls tell me how can i save the maximum money form custom department. please share your experience.

Thanks
summer

Last edited:
Well I am from india and looking to get this projector from the ebay US website.

Couple of questions:
1. I know there was an import duty recently on A/V imports like TVs. Does this apply to PJs? If so, what is the duty rate?

2. The Warranty terms on BenQ US are not clear - not sure whether there is international warranty. Does anyone here have experience with this?

3. If the total cost is 1100$ including shipping charge then how much custom department will charge for that.

4. I found on a website that if the seller declare the item as a gift. it helps to reduced the custom charges.

Can someone pls tell me how can i save the maximum money form custom department. please share your experience.

Thanks
summer

Enough has already been discussed on this here. As already pointed out by one moderator earlier, please search the forum before putting up a thread you will have wealth of info.

Any how just to mention point by point

1. Import duty is not imposed recently it is there since long only thing is it is effective now. The nett duty for all electronics is 36%

2. Not sure but mostly No especially for pjs

3. Refer point no.1, Authorities have every right and rule to charge duty on Indian MRP.

4. There is nothing allowable as gift in imports especially electronics. If at all it is to the max of 10K inr value. (not sure)

Please be informed importing used electronics is banned in India so don't be wise to declare it as used to save on duty.

Once again please search this forum you have wealth of info to every in depth points.

Thanks.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back