Custom Passive Headphone Attentuator for USD 8 shipped Read more: http://diyah.boar

techboy

Hi guys

Would like to tell you I got a passive headphone attenuator custom made in India and shipped to me (domestic, within India) for approx USD 8 or so all inclusive.

INR 460 for the attenuator and INR 60 for shipping within India, so INR 520 total. USD 1 = INR 65 approx

This includes the parts, resistors, connectors, soldering etc.

Stereo Passive Headphone Attenuator, 33-3.3, Project Point, Buy Online Electronic Components & Parts in Lowest Price in India

I got the owner of the place ProjectPoint.in to follow Frans advice and build using 3.3 ohm and 33 ohm 1W resistors.

So it has a -20 DB attenuation and gives me more control over the volume pot.

Can't comment if the sound quality is worse, can't comment on such stuff. Difficult to separate placebo from a real difference. But utility wise it works.

It is stiff and not very high quality, but he said he could use better parts if once has the time and willing to spend more. This was more like an experiment for him. More like a favor to an audiophile, not his profession. He runs an ecomm website for a living.

I was surprised to know that he only charges INR 5 / soldering point, or approx US 70 cents per soldering point! :)

I would recommend people looking for a cheap alternative to getting this done abroad. If nothing else, for this price it is worth trying :) No audible distortion/crackling or anything. So don't worry about that :)

This is Frans's tutorial if one wants to make a passive DIY headphone attenuator. Just reduces the gain on the headphone amp allowing for more travel with the volume pot :)

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/headphone-attenuation-adapter/

Thank You so much Frans :)

Thank You

Aakshey

P.S. This is meant for headphones ranging from 20 ohm to 300 ohm! :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back