customs duty

snath

I am planning to order a Gustard R26 DAC from US. It costs $1650. What would be the customs duty that I would be expected to be paid ? Are there any other challenges? Pl. help. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

I am planning to order a Gustard R26 DAC from US. It costs $1650. What would be the customs duty that I would be expected to be paid ? Are there any other challenges? Pl. help. Thanks in advance for your help and guid

I am planning to order a Gustard R26 DAC from US. It costs $1650. What would be the customs duty that I would be expected to be paid ? Are there any other challenges? Pl. help. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.
Check this out

$1650 plus say $100 courier is already 1.43 lakhs. Duty will be up to 60% depending on the officer.

Best to buy it in India if the price is what I is

$1650 plus say $100 courier is already 1.43 lakhs. Duty will be up to 60% depending on the officer.

Best to buy it in India if the price is what I is

Now you are bringing electronic goods in your name the landing duty is 77.28% with all extras addon. ( Unless otherwise you are taking a risk by putting only the values meagre amount in your invoice )

So better to bring in Company name with IEC and end up with less duty ( around 44% or as per the govt gazette for that particular goods ) if money transferred proof submitted for International transfer from that company.

So better to buy in India as suggested by @shankarcams .

77.28% duty???? :oops:
And what is "landed" duty? o_O
Landed duty before home delivered which also extra DHL/FEDex processing charges Plus ware house charges if there is delay in clearing the payment or acceptance of the customs duty evaluation or delay in submission of requested supporting documents. Email copy received from UPS for a speaker/amplifier for records..

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 11.26.12 AM.png

Landed duty before home delivered which also extra DHL/FEDex processing charges Plus ware house charges if there is delay in clearing the payment or acceptance of the customs duty evaluation or delay in submission of requested supporting documents. Email copy received from UPS for a speaker/amplifier for records..

View attachment 72338
This is beyond ridiculous. :oops:

Now that you mention it I did the Math and it works out to something like this:

Landed price = price + shipping + insurance
BCD @ 35% of landed price
GST @ 28% of landed price + BCD
Surcharge @ 10% of BCD
Daylight robbery charges by courier

Correct me if I'm incorrect.

This is beyond ridiculous. :oops:

Now that you mention it I did the Math and it works out to something like this:

Landed price = price + shipping + insurance
BCD @ 35% of landed price
GST @ 28% of landed price + BCD
Surcharge @ 10% of BCD
Daylight robbery charges by courier

Correct me if I'm incorrect.
Yes ofcourse not the robbery by courier , it is robbery by customs/Govt by pushing the courier to charge higher slab for direct consumers to avoid importing from abroad indirectly supporting the dealers/distributors

Try going through this thread

Gustard r26 is available now in hpz, if you still looking, and home audition is available as well.

I have x26, hoping to give it a try

All smaller goods imported for personal use through Post attracts appx 77.18% customs duty. Parcels containing arriving via Mumbai are being invariably retained & charged even if invoiced value is, say below 2k. Some sports goods items below $9/$10 was not charged but it arrived via Delhi. Also Parcel size does matter regd customs treatment.

Purchasing in India, if available, is safer & better bet.
Lately, HFZ rates are almost at par with Prices abroad+CIF.
Lower value items, its ok to import.

All smaller goods imported for personal use through Post attracts appx 77.18% customs duty. Parcels containing arriving via Mumbai are being invariably retained & charged even if invoiced value is, say below 2k. Some sports goods items below $9/$10 was not charged but it arrived via Delhi. Also Parcel size does matter regd customs treatment.

Purchasing in India, if available, is safer & better bet.
Lately, HFZ rates are almost at par with Prices abroad+CIF.
Lower value items, its ok to import.
As per recent experience,

Total Charges incl Customs duty etc appear to be charged at 77.18% when Customs Deptt suspect underinvoicing and definitive assessment is not possible due plane packaging with no branding.

Charges@42% appx when definitive assessment is done. So I had to shell out 42% as per their fair assessment due to brand packaging for earphones which I didn't imagine would be held by them being a very small item.

Mumbai customs appears to be too much strict.

Total Charges incl Customs duty etc appear to be charged at 77.18% when Customs Deptt suspect underinvoicing and definitive assessment is not possible due plane packaging with no branding.

Charges@42% appx when definitive assessment is done. So I had to shell out 42% as per their fair assessment due to brand packaging for earphones which I didn't imagine would be held by them being a very small item.

He is correct. I had to pay customs duty@42% approx on 2 to 3 occasions.

You can avoid all of this if you have a friend who is willing to hand carry the R26 from Singapore.

Attachments

• 20221224_082602.jpg
    20221224_082602.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 74
India has drawn up a list of over 35 items that are being examined for a possible increase in the upcoming budget, scheduled to be announced on February 1.
Private jets, helicopters, high-end electronic items, plastic goods, jewellery..

India has drawn up a list of over 35 items that are being examined for a possible increase in the upcoming budget, scheduled to be announced on February 1.
Private jets, helicopters, high-end electronic items, plastic goods, jewellery..

I recently ordered a Schiit Modi + dac from Schiit US. Shipping was through FedEx. last night fedex approached me with customs demand of INR 12000 of duty + GST . The invoice value is USD 129. That means I am paying 100 percent duty :-(

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back