Cyrus Equipment

andi10

Hello,

I would like to know, if there are some people with more experience with Cyrus Equipment.

I own actually Cyrus Prevs2 + Xpower/Psxr with an Cyrus Stream Xa as a source, streaming Flac files from a NAS. Playing on EPOS ELAN 35 / Spendor A5, as testsetup. (Cyrus goes very well with the Spendor)

My question is, if you feel it would be worth for upgrading with a second Xpower/Psxr combination and using them as Monoblock.

I will not have the possibility to PreListen, so maybe there are some experienced guys out there which can give me some review on the improvement or benefit by doing so.

Thanks a lot.

I think FM Robert Landanson might be able to help. I remember that he had put up Cyrus Amps (once with the power supply) and a CDP up for sale.

Can you bridge the stereo power amp to a single channel monobloc?

If yes, then if you look general rule of thumb then it will be almost the double the power per channel, so better handling of speakers with enough current and power for more dynamic passages in the music

Second will be better separation which is generally expected out of monoblocs.

How much difference will be there its difficult unless you yourself hear it but if you are happy with the sound now , with monoblocs things can only improve

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back