DAC recommendation

Rupinder

Hi friends i need recommendation for a dac. Current system is
Source. Allo digione signature
Dac ( temporary) cambridge dac magic plus,. Chord mojo
Amplifier. Chronus magnum ii tube amp
Speakers paradigm studio 100

I have shortlisted the denafrips aris2 or the chord qutest.

Any other dac recommendation till 1 lk is ok or if there is as exceptional dac at little more price is welcome.
Thanks

Several folks here have RME. I'm sure someone will chime in. I believe Headphonezone is getting the Topping D90 soon.

Last edited:

Any other dac recommendation till 1 lk is ok or if there is as exceptional dac at little more price is welcome.
Thanks
Having Heard Cutest and Ares2, I'd suggest you to buy Ares2 instead of Cutest. It'll go well with your existing Setup. Other options to Look at are Schiit Gungnir Multibit, MHDT Orchid (available on Olx Chennai), Rme Adi2 & Metrum Amethyst, Matrix Sabre X Pro Mqa etc...
Always try to Listen and decide, DACs vary a lot with the accompanied electronics.

Thanks
For that budget, this one should be an easy pick.

I've found this on #OLX. What do you think? MHDT Labs DAC ( digital audio converter) www.olx.in/item/mhdt-labs-dac-digital-audio-converter-iid-1578934995

MaSh

Having Heard Cutest and Ares2, I'd suggest you to buy Ares2 instead of Cutest. It'll go well with your existing Setup. Other options to Look at are Schiit Gungnir Multibit, MHDT Orchid (available on Olx Chennai), Rme Adi2 & Metrum Amethyst, Matrix Sabre X Pro Mqa etc...
Always try to Listen and decide, DACs vary a lot with the accompanied electronics.
Metrum amethyst i think will be expensive plus since metrum have left india i will not be comfortable buying it

Interested in matrix sabre dac.will look into that.

The problem is listening only. Not many dealers in Punjab and with current covid situation traveling and hearing is difficult

Metrum amethyst i think will be expensive plus since metrum have left india i will not be comfortable buying it

Interested in matrix sabre dac.will look into that.

The problem is listening only. Not many dealers in Punjab and with current covid situation traveling and hearing is difficult
Your Speakers seems to be bit Old, correct me if wrong. In that case, investing in Speakers will give more bang per bucks. I am not sure about the amp as well, if you could mention the listening genre, your setup details with pics if possible, it'll be easier for others to suggest models.
I understand it'll be difficult in Covid19 times, try to see what you can hear locally.

Having said that, Ares2 and Gungnir Multibit can be safely bought blindly in my experience, YMMV.

Your Speakers seems to be bit Old, correct me if wrong. In that case, investing in Speakers will give more bang per bucks. I am not sure about the amp as well, if you could mention the listening genre, your setup details with pics if possible, it'll be easier for others to suggest models.
I understand it'll be difficult in Covid19 times, try to see what you can hear locally.

Having said that, Ares2 and Gungnir Multibit can be safely bought blindly in my experience, YMMV.
My speakers are paradigm studio version 5. Speakers i am not going to change now and also not without listening.

The amp i bought 2 months back only. Its rogue audio chronus magnum ii tube amp.it is an older model and got it at little discount.its a tube amp with tungsol kt 120 tubes. This amp has a tube sound but the very clear and crisp highs.i am liking the amp very much and i don't think i will get something in this price range now

I listen to all kind of music except hip hop ,edm and classical . Most preferred genre is rock,pop ,indie little bit of jazz, hindi music. Generally mainstream stuff occassionally different music

Tried both E10 and ADI-2 and later is an absoltely outstading product. Not an apple to apple comparison, but you get the idea..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back