• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted DAC upto 1 lac

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport
D

Deleted member 38504

Please let me know if anyone has anything to sell or upgrade.

I’m open to both,new and used.

Thank you.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

D

Deleted member 38504

Thank u guys so much. Does anyone have any experience with a RME ADI 2 DAC?

@panditji is the chord that good? Worth the money?

The metrum amethyst is about 75k

The other option is a audiolab mdac plus.

Any experience with those?

D

Deleted member 38504

I just wanted to clarify one thing. I want the DAC for my sources which are a Cambridge can and a maranta cdp6006. I won’t be connecting a laptop. So now the question is, do I need a DAC for my cane and cdp?

sound_cycle

I just wanted to clarify one thing. I want the DAC for my sources which are a Cambridge can and a maranta cdp6006. I won’t be connecting a laptop. So now the question is, do I need a DAC for my cane and cdp?
I had the marantz pm6005. Which had the same chip as the cdp. Don't know about the implementation. May or may not be the same.

Music with Gumby is a very different experience from the pm6005. Can I attribute the DAC over the speakers amps source lps and various other things I have changed since then. I suppose yes nothing can show you what's not in the dacs output. I wouldn't start a comparison with the pm6005. A few days back the son and I were wondering how the presentation would be with my fiio dac, which I reluctantly bought in my all dacs are the same stage ;) then we thought briefly and said naah. Buber and then bimby generated details that the pm6005 could not show with the same rig. In my inexact triangulation the pm6005 is better than the fiio. As always, preferences are personal, listening adapts to what there is, but I predict that you might get a nice step up, in detail and the small stuff that absolutely matters, in the bass, in staging etc with the change.

Ciao
GR

Last edited:

Naturelover

Staff member
I woudn't think so. Suggest you see if you can borrow a good DAC for testing.
Yes, Chord is really good.

D

Deleted member 38504

Yes, I'm going to wait for @Mayank Shah to come home with his fancy new RME DAC ;)

Also panditji, the chord quetest is not available for now on headphonezone. It's says a few months for arrival sadly.

MaSh

Hmm, what is Cambridge Can? Do you mean CXN? It has digital inputs. Another DAC makes sense if you don't like the DAC it has.

Will let you know about the RME DAC next week, mine's on the way.
Well if this one sounds as good as it looks on paper, then just go for it.
@celester340 , do drop in home after 15th with your favourite music. Let's have a good time.
Damn, I so want to join you two for that session.

MaSh

D

Deleted member 38504

Adding another one to the list. The luxman da 150.

Who's the main dealer/ distributor for chord? I'm really liking the chord quetest. Great reviews.

D

Deleted member 38504

Yep but right now it's not available sadly. Saying 8 weeks or so waiting.

SPONSORED ADS