Dac

sbrijnath

Hello All,

I have just joined this forum - I have a Cyrus Stream X (brand new) and a set of Quads 306 (pre-amp and amp) - I just found the Quad's (1987 Vintage) - and have tested them and they work perfectly with a CD - the salesperson forgot to tell me that the Stream X needed a DAC (the XP at double the price has a DAC and Amp built in).

I listened to the KEF R500 / Q Series yesterday - am awaiting the R700 to be delivered to the showroom

I am now faced with a couple of choices

(1) Scrap the Quads entirely (difficult to do because emotionally attached) - and buy a Digital Amp - what would people suggest

(2) Buy a DAC - I have no exposure to these - what is available in India and given the set up, FLAC/ AAL to Cyrus to DAC to QUAD to KEF speakers , ehich DAC is appropriate;

(3) Replace Cyrus Stream X with (say) a Stream XP - at a cost of INR 45K more - inbuilt DAC and Amp

(4) Alternate speakers ?

With regards to all
sbrijnath

I think a DAC should do it. Arcam rDAC and/or Emotiva XDA-2 are good DACs. Music Fidelity M1 DAC is also very good but more expensive. Then there is Cambridge Audio DACmagic plus which is rated as one star below.

I am not aware of the prices in India but you could google around. Asus Xonar Essence Muses edition is available around 24K.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back