• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted DAC

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

Kumar442244

Hello all,

Looking for a decent dac with coax and usb and optical (good to have) within the modest budget not exceeding 5k.
Device to be connected is warm sounding nad amp. I am looking for something which has neutral to slightly bright sound signature.
Kindly lemme know.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Kumar442244

Thanks Saheb. But i am looking for coax as well.
Dear FM, please let me know if you have anything relevant.

drkrack

I have a SMSL Sanskrit 6th Edn DAC (less than 1yr old) , Needs some service as it has developed some clicks and Pops , You may need to find a service engineer at Bangalore, Will be available at 50% of your budget, let me know if interested.

Kumar442244

Hello drkrack,

Good to hear from you.

When u say it has some clicks and pops, do u mean that it's not in working condition?
Can u plz post some pics?

drkrack

it is in working condition it produces some clicks and pops during playback., PM your number . I will forward the video .
I mailed SMSL, they want it to be sent back to China, our FM @Fantastic suggested a technician in Bengaluru (when he had similar issue) , who can rectify it by changing a transistor I guess, ( I am may not be Technically correct, it could be a capacitor also), I dont stay in bangalore , See if it works out for you.

Kumar442244

it is in working condition it produces some clicks and pops during playback., PM your number . I will forward the video .
I mailed SMSL, they want it to be sent back to China, our FM @Fantastic suggested a technician in Bengaluru (when he had similar issue) , who can rectify it by changing a transistor I guess, ( I am may not be Technically correct, it could be a capacitor also), I dont stay in bangalore , See if it works out for you.

Sent u a pm.

rajkr100

I have Acoustic Portrait Swara Dac. Purchased in Aug-2017 for Rs. 21500/- still in warranty pm me if you are interested. it has been hardly used. (almost 10 - 15 hours) want to sell @ 19000/-.

Kumar442244

I have Acoustic Portrait Swara Dac. Purchased in Aug-2017 for Rs. 21500/- still in warranty pm me if you are interested. it has been hardly used. (almost 10 - 15 hours) want to sell @ 19000/-.
Hey Raj,

M sure it's a wonderful equipment but I don't have that kind of budget currently and hence will have to let it go.

shibashis

If you do not mind me saying this, a DAC at that budget mostly is a waste of money, it is an essential component for a digital setup and value for money options are almost non-existent at lower budgets. In my opinion it is wise to save money and buy a Schiit Modi Uber or similar option.

For quite a while I actually used a Fiio headphone amp - DAC connected through USB, a good device on its own right and better than using onboard computer audio, you will get definite improvements but further along the journey you will realize how much more worthwhile something like a Schiit is.

Kumar442244

If you do not mind me saying this, a DAC at that budget mostly is a waste of money, it is an essential component for a digital setup and value for money options are almost non-existent at lower budgets. In my opinion it is wise to save money and buy a Schiit Modi Uber or similar option.

For quite a while I actually used a Fiio headphone amp - DAC connected through USB, a good device on its own right and better than using onboard computer audio, you will get definite improvements but further along the journey you will realize how much more worthwhile something like a Schiit is.

I completely agree shibashish and hence I have currently hold on to the thought of a DAC and planning to buy cambridge audio dacmagic 100 or Shiit in coming months.

Vinay2013

Will you be interested in Modi Uber DAC 2? It has all the inputs you need but price will be little higher. PM me if interested.

Kumar442244

Will you be interested in Modi Uber DAC 2? It has all the inputs you need but price will be little higher. PM me if interested.
Thx Vinay.

Could you please pm me the details like age, functionality rating, ownership history and price along with pic if possible?