Dali floor standing speakers

Sandesh

Could some one explain how the difference between the Spektor, Zensor, Oberon and Opticon series in terms of sound? It would be great to know the basis of the hierarchy of which ones supersedes the other. Also with in the series (say for example Oberon 5 and 7) and also how say a how an Opticon 5 maybe a better purchase than the Oberon 7? I don't know if I am wording these things right, but I would love to get an opinion to make my choice easier.

Could some one explain how the difference between the Spektor, Zensor, Oberon and Opticon series in terms of sound? It would be great to know the basis of the hierarchy of which ones supersedes the other. Also with in the series (say for example Oberon 5 and 7) and also how say a how an Opticon 5 maybe a better purchase than the Oberon 7? I don't know if I am wording these things right, but I would love to get an opinion to make my choice easier.

Best would be to email dali ( [email protected] ) , & adress your query to Britta or Lars. They will get back to you but may take few days.

Regards,

Nitin

Did you check out their Website? Dali Speakers has it listed in hierarchy top to bottom.

How they all sound, I am not sure, best would be to try and audition the models available and compare.

MaSh

Did you check out their Website? Dali Speakers has it listed in hierarchy top to bottom.

How they all sound, I am not sure, best would be to try and audition the models available and compare.

MaSh
Unfortunately there's no single place where I can check the Dali range out in Bangalore...

Unfortunately there's no single place where I can check the Dali range out in Bangalore...
There are lot of dealers in Bangalore who deal with Dalis.
- HTstore in Jai Nagar
- DNI in Bellandur
- AudioPlanet in Kormangala
- Music Ranch.

I got mine from HTstore and another friend of mine bought from DNI.
Please reach them out and see if they have it available for Demo.

There are lot of dealers in Bangalore who deal with Dalis.
- HTstore in Jai Nagar
- DNI in Bellandur
- AudioPlanet in Kormangala
- Music Ranch.

I got mine from HTstore and another friend of mine bought from DNI.
Please reach them out and see if they have it available for Demo.
@Kumar442244 Audioplanet behaved liked stuck up as@#$&*x when I inquired about the Spektor 2 at an earlier date. DNI is probably closing down after the death of their founder. HT store and Music Ranch don't have Dali floor standers for demos :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sandesh
Most Dali dealers will not keep the full range of Dali speakers on demo. They normally keep just 2 models which are most profitable to them.

I have dali mentor menuets and have listened to dali zensor as well. As you go higher the range, imo sound signature remains same, but sound gets more solid, refined and articulate especially at higher volumes.

I actually wanted to go for the Opticon 6 which seemed like a really good speaker to me, to only find out that it's a 4 omh speaker (my Onkyo AVR is 6-8 ohms), so I was wondering if I should go for a Dali Oberon 7 instead. I have also been thinking of the Klipsch RF 625, due to it's high sensitivity (thus do justice to my avr)compared to the Oberon. It's really a painstaking task to match speakers when you have old amps. Is this a fair comparison that I am making between the two (Klipsch RF625 and Oberon7)

Generally speaking the series goes like this, in order of increasing quality.
Spektor < Zensor < Oberon < Opticon < Rubicon < Epicon.
It is difficult to find anything higher than Opticon for audition here. The Zensor line themselves are quality entry level speakers and are much loved by many. The Oberons are a new line launched fairly recently are a notch higher than Zensors.
The Opticons are what Dali call their 'performance' line, the beginning of their 'higher-end' offerings.
All this does not make much sense unless you hear it yourself though, so make of it what you will.
Best of luck in your hunt!

I have heard Dali Zensor 5 and 7, Oberon 7 and Opticon 6.
To me zensor is very good series for budget.Dali 5 sounded very clean but lack very lowend due to smaller drivers.Dali7 has more scale and soundstage but need larger room.
Dali Oberon 7 has more warmth than zensor or opticon,but its mid or vocals are not transperent.
Opticon6 had a dedicated midrange, but it can sound bright if not paired correctly.
Overall dali towers are musical with little +/-.
Hope it helps.

Generally speaking the series goes like this, in order of increasing quality.
Spektor < Zensor < Oberon < Opticon < Rubicon < Epicon.
It is difficult to find anything higher than Opticon for audition here. The Zensor line themselves are quality entry level speakers and are much loved by many. The Oberons are a new line launched fairly recently are a notch higher than Zensors.
The Opticons are what Dali call their 'performance' line, the beginning of their 'higher-end' offerings.
All this does not make much sense unless you hear it yourself though, so make of it what you will.
Best of luck in your hunt!
@shibashis - I actually heard both the Oberon 7 and the Opticon 6. I actually was contemplating buying the Opticon 6 so I would not be tempted to again buy a high end speaker after a couple of years lol. But as my luck would have it the Opticons are 4 ohm speakers and are too much to handle for my Onkyo TXDS676 (6-8 ohms AVR). At this moment I can afford only to change the speaker and not the AVR, so I'm back to square one in deciding a speaker.

Opticons are real deal. Buying a good power amplifier which are stable upto 2 ohms would up the game (if your AVRs have pre-outs) I have had Elac BS-243 before - mean/tiny bookshelves rated @ 4 ohms impedence. My AVR was never able to do justice to them. I eventually sold them off. If you can afford Opticon, please take time to save some dough for power amplifiers as well. Don't settle for less and upgrade in short term.

Opticons are real deal. Buying a good power amplifier which are stable upto 2 ohms would up the game (if your AVRs have pre-outs) I have had Elac BS-243 before - mean/tiny bookshelves rated @ 4 ohms impedence. My AVR was never able to do justice to them. I eventually sold them off. If you can afford Opticon, please take time to save some dough for power amplifiers as well. Don't settle for less and upgrade in short term.
@arunvivek any suggestions what power amplifier that would go best with the Opticon?

@shibashis - I actually heard both the Oberon 7 and the Opticon 6. I actually was contemplating buying the Opticon 6 so I would not be tempted to again buy a high end speaker after a couple of years lol. But as my luck would have it the Opticons are 4 ohm speakers and are too much to handle for my Onkyo TXDS676 (6-8 ohms AVR). At this moment I can afford only to change the speaker and not the AVR, so I'm back to square one in deciding a speaker.
Dont bother about the 4ohm rating of the speaker. No speaker will have a constant impedance value through the frequency. Impedence tend to vary from frequency to frequency. So if you like the opticon series then just go ahead and purchase it because you may regret your decision in the future if you go for the lesser models. And more over, Speakers generally tend to last for decades, but AVR's wont most of the time, so when you change your AVR or add a Poweramp in the future, you will regret not purchasing the Opticon series. Just my thought.

Dont bother about the 4ohm rating of the speaker. No speaker will have a constant impedance value through the frequency. Impedence tend to vary from frequency to frequency. So if you like the opticon series then just go ahead and purchase it because you may regret your decision in the future if you go for the lesser models. And more over, Speakers generally tend to last for decades, but AVR's wont most of the time, so when you change your AVR or add a Poweramp in the future, you will regret not purchasing the Opticon series. Just my thought.
@alphacentury100 - It's exactly why I am after the Opticon 6. I'm unfortunately unable to get a white one anywhere either. So this really sucks. But on the other hand I want to do complete justice to the speaker by giving it a proper avr/amplifier

Last edited:
@alphacentury100 - It's exactly why I am after the Opticon 6. I'm unfortunately unable to get a white one anywhere either. So this really sucks. But on the other hand I want to do complete justice to the speaker by giving it a proper avr/amplifier
Just remember, Opticon will sound better than Oberon even with your present AVR, and also, upgrading the AVR or adding a Power am in the future will have more improvement in the sound quality with the Opticon than with the Oberon. Just go for the Opticon or else you will be thinking about upgrading from Oberon shortly.;)

Just remember, Opticon will sound better than Oberon even with your present AVR, and also, upgrading the AVR or adding a Power am in the future will have more improvement in the sound quality with the Opticon than with the Oberon. Just go for the Opticon or else you will be thinking about upgrading from Oberon shortly.;)
I agree with you. What are the prices of a decent power amp?

Emotiva is a good start. They are powerful amps. I have an XPA-2 too to drive my Floorstands.
Generally, Poweramps also tend to last for decades and they dont get outdated either like speakers, so You can also look in the used market for Poweramps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back