Dali ikon 7 mk2 vs polk audio rti A9

The housequake

Hello guys,
My first post and I'm calling for help.
I love ROTEL, I saved enough to buy RC-1550 pre-amp, RB-1582 amp,
RCD-1520 cd player and a pro-ject debut carbon turntable.
Now I need speakers...This set up is for music only.
In my budget I can afford Dali ikon 7 mk2 or Polk audio rti A9. I did listen to both of them, but after a while I get confused.
Anyone can help me?

From what I recall the ikon 7 is around 3400$

I would look at an evolution acoustics mmmicroone at that price instead of either ikon 7 or a9.

But if you must, then ikon 7 hands down. A9 does not even compare.

Thank you very much for your answers. What do you think of the paradigm studio seri 60 or 100.
Now that I totally remove the Polk from the equation.
Thank you again.

studio 60 is very good. studio 100 is even better ( if you have the space for it ).

but YMMV and check with your amplifier if you like the sound.

mpw

Dali Ikon 7 over the Polk RTi A9 with eyes shut.

However, I gather you love bass? How big is your listening area? If you are not a bass freak just pick the Ikon 6. Ikon 6 has just the right amount of bass for mid sized rooms. If you still need added bass over and above what Ikon 6 can give you, add a sub. Dali has a good sub which will timbre match the Ikons. However, if you can get a Velodyne SPL-800i, that will give you a tight tuneful bass.

well...missed that :D

either way, dont see what is the benefit that you are talking of at lower frequencies

Last edited:
Depends on where you set the x-over. If you set the x-over low enough it may not. But otherwise you can hear the difference.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back