Dali Zensor 3 Vs Elac B6

zelda

Hi All,

This is a much discussed topic and I would like to start a new thread regarding the same as I have bought a pair of Zensor 3 and I already have B6 for last 6 months.

Which one do you think is better ?:)

I will soon be looking at these 2 options myself so am keen to hear what you have to say. And also what integrated amp you would recommend for either of them.

Elac Debut B6 loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com
416Elacfig3.jpg

Well, now this is gonna be a good thread. Please share your experience as you own both. Also, are you going to keep both for your use?

there was some comparison done online, (one of the post in the forum had a link to that) which suggests Dali has little edge over Elac

Well, now this is gonna be a good thread. Please share your experience as you own both. Also, are you going to keep both for your use?

I will try to share my exp.

I am not sure if I will keep both for long term.
Dalis were a impulse buy as i was curious to try it and compare with the B6.

Curious and following this post. From whatever limited listening I have done on both, at various points in time though, spread across 5-6 months, I noticed that the B6 are quite warm with a lower sensitivity, need a decently high powered modern amp or a decent vintage amp to get them going to their optimum performance levels. The Z3, however, will be satisfied with moderately powered amps(in the range of Marantz pm5xxx, pm6xxx, or a Denon Avr x1200, etc), and they are brighter of course as compared to the B6. More importantly I think it all depends on the listening of the individual. I personally like the Z3 better, waiting to hear what the others think.

... AND HERE you have the Elac Debut B6 graph's legends:

416Elacfig3.jpg

Fig.3 Elac Debut B6, anechoic response on tweeter axis at 50", averaged across 30 horizontal window and corrected for microphone response, with nearfield responses of woofer (blue), port (red), and their complex sum (black), respectively plotted below 300Hz, 850Hz, and 300Hz.

Higher in frequency in fig.3, the Elac's farfield response, averaged across a 30 horizontal window centered on the tweeter axis, is extraordinarily flat from the upper bass through to the high treble. This graph was taken without the skeletal, plastic-framed grille. With the grille, the speaker's output in the presence region dropped by more than 2dB. I took the opportunity to measure both samples; fig.4 reveals that they match superbly well for such an inexpensive speaker. (This graph was taken in-room, hence the uneven response below 1kHz.)

Read more at Elac Debut B6 loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com
----- -------- ---------

Last edited:
Hi All,

This is a much discussed topic and I would like to start a new thread regarding the same as I have bought a pair of Zensor 3 and I already have B6 for last 6 months.

Which one do you think is better ?:)

Do post your impressions. Where did you buy the Z3 from and for how much? Are you not happy with the B6? You seem to be comparing them to a number of speakers. Elac B5, the MAs and now the Z3. Do post what differences you see among these speakers.

ELAC B6 any day or the Mission MX2. Dali don't stand
a chance in front of these two.

Why do you think that? What were the differences you see? Also, which amp did you use to listen to these speakers?

MaSh

Last edited:
ELAC B6 with NAD 375 and Denon 1500AE , it was beautiful with either but the Denon was better in dynamics and upper registers.I t had a deep soundstage and considerable low end giving a fuller sound. The MX2 on the other hand had a not so deep soundstage but the width and scale made up for that. Again the combination with the Denon sounded better here.

@zelda as you have both z3 and b6 , which one do you find better for only music.

Thanks

Which amps would pair well with Elac? Reading in this thread looks like Elac is on the warmer side, so NAD's stay away?

No its never too much :D , but won't the details get lost with with both amp and speakers being on the warmer side?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back