Decibels Audio Mysore

soundbuff

Hi,
It is usually the case that feedback for a dealer is given when the customer is not being treated fairly. I thought it would be good to share my experience with Decibels Audio Mysore, pertaining to my amplifier (Xindak A600E) purchased from them almost one and a half years ago. Its not been a painless journey, but it eventually ended wisely and well.
The Xindak A 600E is the top of the line integrated rated at 160 watts @8Ohms and 320 watts at 4Ohms, with 60 watts in class A. Build is is fabulous as is the sound quality. I do not see myself moving from this amp easily.It could well be my last amp.

Four months into use, I worried myself sick about the power line fluctuations and got myself a power conditioner rated to supply enough power for this amp (it pulls about 800 watts from the plug). Unfortunately, things did not work out, and after a week or so of use, I smelt some burning, a wisp of smoke and the amp went kaput. Between the power conditioner gentleman and Decibels the blame went back and forth and I realised I was in a mess. Obviously I had no option but to get the amp fixed, and requested the dealer in Mysore to have it collected. He agreed but no one came for almost a month. The amp is 60 kilos, and difficult to cart, but I put in the dicky and took it to Mysore. The distributor, in Mysore, met me most cordially, and while he maintained that the conditioner had caused the problem, he said he will take care of it since it is in warranty.

Over the next month he looked the amp over and tried to figure out if it could be repaired locally with a few parts being imported. Throughout I was in touch with the dealer and he kept me in the loop. What he decided was that the entire channel be replaced, so that the original condition could be maintained. I imagine it was not an easy thing to convince the company, and over the next four months there was a back and forth between the company and him, and I too wrote to the company, which always replied. It does seem a lot of time, but it was almost six months from the time the amp blew to the arrival of the block. Once this arrived it was fixed and once more I made my way to Mysore to collect it. I am really grateful that the dealer did not agree to a patchwork solution and insisted on changing the panel. This way the amp remains 'untouched'.

It is now six months since the above transpired, and I have deliberately waited before posting this. The amp runs perfectly, and directly from the mains electricity. Lets hope that it stays that way. I should emphasise that all this was done under warranty; I paid for customs that all. Last but not least I should also mention that the dealer lent me a decent demo amplifier (Atoll) for four months so that I was not without music

My sincere thanks to Mr. Manikantan the owner and driving spirit of Decibel Audio.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back