Dedicated blu ray player vs Xbox one s

matbhuvi

I am planning on setting up HT which can support 4K and Dolby Vision. I would need to upgrade my current blu ray player as it doesn't support 4k. I have noticed that xbox one s does support 4k play back and dolby vision update has come recently. The price is almost same as stand alone blu ray players. I understand that xbox is not going to be a one touch play. Might need to do some tweaks to support universal remote. Besides that, anyone see any downside?

I am planning on setting up HT which can support 4K and Dolby Vision. I would need to upgrade my current blu ray player as it doesn't support 4k. I have noticed that xbox one s does support 4k play back and dolby vision update has come recently. The price is almost same as stand alone blu ray players. I understand that xbox is not going to be a one touch play. Might need to do some tweaks to support universal remote. Besides that, anyone see any downside?
Go with a OPPO

That's actually an interesting thought. Wonder I can skip my AV receiver purchase and just buy Oppo and 7 channel amp. It would miss the room correction software though. If it is just for video, then I might not need extra bells and whistles of oppo.

Edit: Just realized that Oppo is shutting
down their shop. They are going to stop manufacturing soon.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back