Dedicated home theatre help - Chennai

VinothHT

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and seeking your help to setup my new home theatre. I always wanted to have a dedicated media room for my entertainment needs and I'm constructing a new home now and construction will get over in next 5 months. I have planned a dedicated room and wanted to have a decent home theatre setup with projector.

Room details: Construction in progress
Dimension: 12'(W)x15'.3"(L)
No windows
Planning for darker painting
Please suggest me if anything to be taken care during my construction such as flooring, wiring provision, etc.

Below are my requirements and budget.
Video:
Good picture clarity, 4k support
Screen size between 100" to 125"
I'm looking at Epson tw9400 or Epson tw7100
Usage: Weekly 6 hours
Budget: 1.5L
Please suggest if there are any other models I should look for and suggest me good dealers in Chennai.

Audio:
I'm looking to have a decent surround system, I thought I can go for 5.1.2 setup.
This is where I need more support to suggest me good receiver and speakers within the 1.5L budget and I don't want to go beyond this budget. Predominantly I will be using this room for watching movies and very occasionally for PS4 casual gaming.

Acoustic:
I'm not sure whether I will have the budget to acoustically treat the room and I'm open to hear any suggestions which can be done during the construction which can help.

Looking forward for all your support in finalizing the equipments and possibly finding a good dealers in Chennai.

It's great that you are planning this in the construction stage. Plan your audio setup and provision internal wiring for all the speakers and the hdmi cable for the projector.

If you can, increase the budget for the projector and get Tw9400. Nothing beats this till 3 lakhs in a dedicated light controlled environment.

If not, then get the Tw7100 for around 1.1 and spend the rest on the audio (1.5+ 0.4).

A decent Avr (like 2700H) will cost around 70k, so that leaves 80k for the speakers and subwoofer, which is a bit tight. So going for Tw7100 will let you get a decent budget for the speakers and subwoofer.

It's great that you are planning this in the construction stage. Plan your audio setup and provision internal wiring for all the speakers and the hdmi cable for the projector.

If you can, increase the budget for the projector and get Tw9400. Nothing beats this till 3 lakhs in a dedicated light controlled environment.

If not, then get the Tw7100 for around 1.1 and spend the rest on the audio (1.5+ 0.4).

A decent Avr (like 2700H) will cost around 70k, so that leaves 80k for the speakers and subwoofer, which is a bit tight. So going for Tw7100 will let you get a decent budget for the speakers and subwoofer.
Thanks dude, that's my thought as well. The urgent help I need right now is how to plan the internal wiring for the entire room.

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and seeking your help to setup my new home theatre. I always wanted to have a dedicated media room for my entertainment needs and I'm constructing a new home now and construction will get over in next 5 months. I have planned a dedicated room and wanted to have a decent home theatre setup with projector.

No windows
Please suggest me if anything to be taken care during my construction such as flooring, wiring provision, etc.
Flooring doesn't need much beyond some carpeting for floor reflections.
But do try and get internal wiring done for seven ear-level channels and four ceilings. Go for architectural in-ceilings, for which you can get good angles in your room.

Video:
Please suggest if there are any other models I should look for and suggest me good dealers in Chennai.
You don't need to look beyond the 9400 for this. Only thing is to get multiple quotations, including from office suppliers, and see who comes up with best price.
Audio:
I'm looking to have a decent surround system, I thought I can go for 5.1.2 setup.
This is where I need more support to suggest me good receiver and speakers within the 1.5L budget and I don't want to go beyond this budget. Predominantly I will be using this room for watching movies and very occasionally for PS4 casual gaming.
At 1.5L, it is difficult to do 5.1.2, unfortunately.
I'd suggest at least 1L for AVR + .5L-1L for LCR + .5L-1L for sub.
You can cheap out on the surrounds and Atmos speakers later.
Acoustic:
I'm not sure whether I will have the budget to acoustically treat the room and I'm open to hear any suggestions which can be done during the construction which can help.
This can be done last, but do definitely do it. at least the first reflections and some broadband absorbers on the back wall at the least.
Looking forward for all your support in finalizing the equipments and possibly finding a good dealers in Chennai.
You should definitely hit up @RajithKumar. He's been most helpful and might be able to suggest better.
Regards and best

PS: The full set up will bend your budget a bit out of shape. But, do start with a good AVR + 9400 + LCR + Sub. The 9400 will do a good job in your room on a good screen.

But do try and get internal wiring done for seven ear-level channels and four ceilings. Go for architectural in-ceilings, for which you can get good angles in your room.
I'm planning to do some basic carpet flooring and for internal wiring 4 feet from the floor level is good enough?
You don't need to look beyond the 9400 for this. Only thing is to get multiple quotations, including from office suppliers, and see who comes up with best price.
Yes, I'm yet to reach out to the suppliers for quote. If 9400 is not fit in my budget, whether 7100 is good enough?
What about demon s750h, is it good enough for my room? Also i will not be upgrading my room at least for the next 5 years. All I need is good movie watching experience without any disturbance.
This can be done last, but do definitely do it. at least the first reflections and some broadband absorbers on the back wall at the least.

You should definitely hit up @RajithKumar. He's been most helpful and might be able to suggest better.
Regards and best
Sure, I will reach out to him. Is he from Chennai?
PS: The full set up will bend your budget a bit out of shape. But, do start with a good AVR + 9400 + LCR + Sub. The 9400 will do a good job in your room on a good screen.

Hello All,

No windows

Video:

Audio:

Acoustic:

You will definitely need to increase your budget. No way for 1.5L you can build a good 5.1.2 set up with current market prices. Increase another 1L for avr, speakers and sub and 50-60k for treatment.Also you will need a budget for protection and power conditioning. For the HT gears you will need a separate line. What ever stabilizer you get plan to keep it outside the media room.Since it’s a dedicated room you will definitely need to treat it. Going professional will cost a bomb so buy the materials yourself and build panels with a carpenter.If running short on funds plan only the wiring work, basic room treatment and complete a 2.1 set up initially.

You will definitely need to increase your budget. No way for 1.5L you can build a good 5.1.2 set up with current market prices. Increase another 1L for avr, speakers and sub and 50-60k for treatment.Also you will need a budget for protection and power conditioning. For the HT gears you will need a separate line. What ever stabilizer you get plan to keep it outside the media room.Since it’s a dedicated room you will definitely need to treat it. Going professional will cost a bomb so buy the materials yourself and build panels with a carpenter.If running short on funds plan only the wiring work, basic room treatment and complete a 2.1 set up initially.
I will try to get the quotes and decide on the equipments. Thanks man.

Hi Vinoth,

Try Inwall speaker to have space around room. Since you have allotted budgeted for acoustic also, should not be a issue to place inside those panels.

Select a good LCR speakers which is going to perform mostly and choose the next best for surrounds.

Thanks

Within 1.5 budget for avr and speaker go with Denon 2700 and check Taga 607 or 807 package. As you are buying as a bundle you will get Good price also.

Regards and best

OMG @k-pad "Neenga Engayo poyiteenga" Good suggestions ;)
Seems you are very active on forum.

I'm planning to do some basic carpet flooring and for internal wiring 4 feet from the floor level is good enough?
4 feet from the floor is as perfect as it gets, bro. (around 1.25x from ear level, which could be about 3 feet 3.5 feet depending on your seat.
Just account for your centre channel on your TV/PJ wall.

Yes, I'm yet to reach out to the suppliers for quote. If 9400 is not fit in my budget, whether 7100 is good enough?
In my (admittedly, limited, and aborted) research, I never came across this question. If I went PJ, I wanted the 9300 and only the 9300 for my room.

But there seems to be disagreements here when it comes to the 9400 and 7100. I did not even know of the 7100 series... So, whatever works for you, works.

What about demon s750h, is it good enough for my room? Also i will not be upgrading my room at least for the next 5 years.
tbh, not wanting to upgrade the room for five years is a distant dream. Even the best electronics makers don't know what will happen two years from now. So, a realistic dream to have when buying electronics in this sphere is two years. Three and five will depend on what you can live with three and five years from now.

All the manufacturer might be thinking is will my product power enough diverse thingeys THIS YEAR. Thankfully, Auro went under and 8K is never gonna catch on, especially in India.

So, we are finding ourselves in a flux between 2019 and 2022. What the next few years will bring is anybody's guess.

All said, go for the best working AVR within budget for today.
Whatever the upgrade is, they will cost a lot more. The manufacturers who support this hobby are like drug dealers.
They get you hooked on to it today. What happens tomorrow, even they don't know.

Beyond how much they can power, how many channels they can realistically power, and what future tech they have on their cards.

All I need is good movie watching experience without any disturbance.
A Marantz or Denon with pre-outs, a good sub + decent speakers will do it.

Sure, I will reach out to him. Is he from Chennai?
Am sorry for the late reply. He is from Chennai only. And he is a gem of a person. With no industry affiliation, and a fully self-made system.
Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:
Naan Janagaraj, neenga Kamal, sir!
(Am a comedian, you are Kamal Haasan

Naan Janagaraj, neenga Kamal, sir!
(Am a comedian, you are Kamal Haasan)
"Deivame" Why this Kolaveri😄.
Jokes apart! The OP really needs to source many dealers to get best budget price acco6 to his requirements.

4 feet from the floor is as perfect as it gets, bro. (around 1.25x from ear level, which could be about 3 feet 3.5 feet depending on your seat.
Just account for your centre channel on your TV/PJ wall.

In my (admittedly, limited, and aborted) research, I never came across this question. If I went PJ, I wanted the 9300 and only the 9300 for my room.

But there seems to be disagreements here when it comes to the 9400 and 7100. I did not even know of the 7100 series... So, whatever works for you, works.

tbh, not wanting to upgrade the room for five years is a distant dream. Even the best electronics makers don't know what will happen two years from now. So, a realistic dream to have when buying electronics in this sphere is two years. Three and five will depend on what you can live with three and five years from now.

All the manufacturer might be thinking is will my product power enough diverse thingeys THIS YEAR. Thankfully, Auro went under and 8K is never gonna catch on, especially in India.

So, we are finding ourselves in a flux between 2019 and 2022. What the next few years will bring is anybody's guess.

All said, go for the best working AVR within budget for today.
Whatever the upgrade is, they will cost a lot more. The manufacturers who support this hobby are like drug dealers.
They get you hooked on to it today. What happens tomorrow, even they don't know.

Beyond how much they can power, how many channels they can realistically power, and what future tech they have on their cards.

A Marantz or Denon with pre-outs, a good sub + decent speakers will do it.

Am sorry for the late reply. He is from Chennai only. And he is a gem of a person. With no industry affiliation, and a fully self-made system.
Wishing you all the best.
Thanks bro. This really helps.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back