Dedicated music system buying advice

audioNewbie

Hello,

I have been reading up on this forum for a couple of weeks now, and even though I found it immensely useful to know all the details, I am still pretty confused as to what I should buy.

I would like to buy a music system, dedicated for only music, no movies.
The input sources are Ipod, CDs and mp3s from through USB mostly.
Budget is 20-30K INR.
Room size is about 14X11 feet.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome.

I am astounded at the level of detail discussed in this forum, and would love to hear from the gurus as to what would be the best combination in such a low budget.

Initially you can invest in good book shelf speakers and some pre-owned integrated amplifier. Slowly after you get more crazy and affected with upgraditis change and/or add components one by one.

Consider these options for your speakers

Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.1
Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.2

For amplifiers, you can check norge or sonodyne amplifier. But I prefer pre-owned vintage/modern amplifier.

20 -30k

as ukjeyaraj mentioned get yourself the Wharfedale 9.1/9.2 /10.1/10.2

Amps, look at the preowned route or with Wharf Norge 2060/ Norge 1000, They mate very well together

the wharfedales are a good option. another is the bose 301's. you can pair with a yamaha integrated amp

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I have a question, probably kind of stupid one, but here is goes nevertheless.

When I look at Norge 2030 or 1000, the back seems to have inputs of a different type. How do I have to connect my IPod or my CD player with it?

Also, does the Norge amp come with FM?

In order to get FM,CD playing capabilities and IPod connectivity, what other components would I need to buy?

Just my 2 cents..

1. First consider the kind of music you hear the most. Different speakers have very different sound signatures. You may love some and hate some no matter how good they are :) It is all relative
2. I was always suggested to first choose the speakers, then a matching amp which makes complete sense.
3. Audition audition audition..... (This in itself is a very good learning experience)
In Hifi I find a fascinating technical angle to the components. But honestly feel that technicality kills the music...
What sounds good to YOUR ears is what matters :) Period. :)

Also beware of your "budget" it is just a starting point and it may go out of the window very very easily! :D I am sure many friends here will agree to me :D
Time will tell :)

IMHO, bottom line for me is, it is very imp to know what kind of music/sound you want to pursue. Rest all is life long R&D. So, better get the first part right and rest should fall in place. :)

Best luck!

Regards!

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I have a question, probably kind of stupid one, but here is goes nevertheless.

When I look at Norge 2030 or 1000, the back seems to have inputs of a different type. How do I have to connect my IPod or my CD player with it?

Also, does the Norge amp come with FM?

In order to get FM,CD playing capabilities and IPod connectivity, what other components would I need to buy?

Norge amplifiers come with 3 possible sources - CD Player, DVD and Aux. You can connect your Ipod to Aux using IPOD connection cable (1 pin on iPod side and two pins for left and right channels on amplifier side).

Norge amplifier does not come with FM tuner. So if you have a separate FM radio, you can connect it to Norge amplifier in similar way to IPOD.

Basically you can connect 3 sources at a time. I don't think it does matter if you connect what source to what input. So FM radio should be able to work using DVD input pins. You just need right cables to connect.

Is there a Norge Audio store in Bangalore?

I sent an email to Mr Bajaj, but unfortunately, have not received any reply.

Does anybody from Bangalore know where can I get Norge amplifiers demo and shop in Bangalore?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back