Defective AVR received from an online seller

Chand_R

Hello Fellow AV Enthusiasts. I have a pretty bad experience from one of the online seller who sold me a defective Denon AVR. The moment i opened and powered on this brand new one, i see a message on the lcd that “Thermal protection is enabled” and it switches off. When i called up their customer care, they suggested me to try factory reset which didn’t solve the issue. From then on, i am struggling to get the product replaced from them which is my genuine ask but they are not responding. I feel cheated and helpless. Can some one suggest me how can i go about it? Its been 2 months i bought this one and still waiting for a solution from their side.

What was the website you bought it from? Is it a genuine one?

Did you check with the Denon Distributor? Also, file a complaint with Denon in the US support site.

Where did you buy it from? Seems like you were scammed.
Hi.. i bought from Vplak

What was the website you bought it from? Is it a genuine one?

Did you check with the Denon Distributor? Also, file a complaint with Denon in the US support site.
I bought from Vplak. No i didnt check with Distributor

Attachments

• 38ACFA5A-0375-4E89-BB70-B3B56923D23C.jpeg
    38ACFA5A-0375-4E89-BB70-B3B56923D23C.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 69C1BF05-595D-4B33-AA37-F83F145E96DA.jpeg
    69C1BF05-595D-4B33-AA37-F83F145E96DA.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 99
Hello Fellow AV Enthusiasts. I have a pretty bad experience from one of the online seller who sold me a defective Denon AVR. The moment i opened and powered on this brand new one, i see a message on the lcd that “Thermal protection is enabled” and it switches off. When i called up their customer care, they suggested me to try factory reset which didn’t solve the issue. From then on, i am struggling to get the product replaced from them which is my genuine ask but they are not responding. I feel cheated and helpless. Can some one suggest me how can i go about it? Its been 2 months i bought this one and still waiting for a solution from their side.
Hi chand.

We can understand how heart breaking this situation can be. Please try the suggested fixes in this link :

If it sorts it out well and good. Otherwise you will have to take it to a technician for fixing. I don't think it's big issue. So don't give up hope yet 😜😜.

It is always better to check the respective brand portal to make sure the online seller is authorized.
If I remember Yamaha had a clause in the website that warranty will not be provided if purchased from unauthorized online sellers.

I think there are two different problems
1. Fraud committed by the online seller - Consumer court or police complaint should be your options
2. Support for this product. Officially you wont get any. so look for unofficial support from people who service Denon products in Bangalore. I am sure there will be people. As official support is limited, so there would be others who may have availed service.

Even paid service won't be available with the service centre?
No,
the moment the official service center repairs it with a paid service ; you can file another case for charging for service during warranty period. So they won't touch it officially, Sr technician can always repair it Unofficially.

@OP really sad to hear that you have to go through such nonsense. Search for someone who can repair it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back