Degritter Anyone??

eastofthesun

Hi , Was thinking of buying a record cleaning machine. Was reading up on a few . The process in most cases seems mighty tedious and long drawn. Came across the Degritter which seems like a very easy and relatively uncomplicated way to clean vinyls. Down side being its expensive. Hence wanted to know if any of our forum members use it and if i could have any first hand feedback on it.
Cheers!
Anand

Hummingguru has mixed reviews, degritter seems good. I use a Kirmuss well its a PITA but restores most records (very dirty old records)

Hummingguru has mixed reviews, degritter seems good. I use a Kirmuss well its a PITA but restores most records (very dirty old records)
I know the kirmuss has a very elaborate cleaning process. I have almost stopped listening to records since the cleaning is a tedious process. Its a shame that i've resorted to streaming out of sheer laziness. Hence wanted some first hand feedback before i went ahead with the degritter.
Cos it does cost a tidy packet.

I know the kirmuss has a very elaborate cleaning process. I have almost stopped listening to records since the cleaning is a tedious process. Its a shame that i've resorted to streaming out of sheer laziness. Hence wanted some first hand feedback before i went ahead with the degritter.
Cos it does cost a tidy packet.
Do they ship to India ?

the classical method is to give the record a light brush with a carbon brush and then let the stylus do the rest :)

Would love a comparison between Humminguru and Degritter from some FM here :)

Personally, I would give Humminguru a chance, then if it doesn't work out, go all out for degritter.

It seems humminguru is very convenient and has impressed some hard core vinyl people in other forums, and given its almost 1/10th the price .......

Hi , Was thinking of buying a record cleaning machine. Was reading up on a few . The process in most cases seems mighty tedious and long drawn. Came across the Degritter which seems like a very easy and relatively uncomplicated way to clean vinyls. Down side being its expensive. Hence wanted to know if any of our forum members use it and if i could have any first hand feedback on it.
Cheers!
Anand
I am interested in Kirmussaudio record cleaner anyone selling ?

Do they ship to India ?

the classical method is to give the record a light brush with a carbon brush and then let the stylus do the rest :)
How is audio Desk ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would add to this thread.

I currently own the Degritter Mark II. I have also owned and gone through 4 Audio Desk machines.

Ultrasonic cleaning does reveal more from the grooves, there is no doubt about that. However, for most of my used record purchases, I first clean the record using a Spinclean. That removes the larger crud off the record. I then follow it up with a 3 step fluid cleaning (distilled water, enzyme cleaner, purified water final wash) on a VPI 16.5 vacuum cleaning machine. Then the final clean on through the degritter.

The records come out pristine and there is a further purity / clarity in the sound. Labor intensive, but worth the trouble for a better listening experience.

Though the Audiodesk machines have improved over many iterations, they tend to break down over time and since their design isn't modular, you have to replace the whole machine. I did so 4 times and just gave up.

I bought a Degritter Mark 1. 10 months into ownership, some issue developed with a valve. Degritter paid for a prepaid shipping box, the machine went back to Finland, and they shipped me a brand new Mark II machine. Not a single penny out of my pocket. A great end user experience for me.

The other option is the KL Audio which had outstanding build quality. It cleans just as well as the Degritter. Onky issue is that it is louder when cleaning, which can be annoying. It is also more expensive.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back