Denon 1312+Polk Audio RM705 or Bose Cinemate

xsabhishek

Hi all,

I am looking for a good home theatre system. The budget is max 60k.
The size of the room is around 14 *11 feet.

I love watching movies and listening to music.
The usage pattern: I watch movies from laptop using HDMI port to connect to TV. I dont use DVD player and dont want to buy one.

What I need is a system which sounds good both for movies and music.
Plus I dont want that the speakers are too big n bulky to fill up my room space.
I read in a lot of forums that if u want to listen to music go for a separate stereo setup as HT systems are for surround sound and dont do justice to music.
If thats the case I need your advice which system should I go for?

After searching a lot I finalized this combination:
Denon AV1312 receiver + Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Speakers. (This is what I decided just based on reviews on websites as I couldnt find any showroom in Pune where I can hear this setup)

I listened to the Bose Cinemate GS Series II system. It sounded great to me but according to all the reviews I am reading on net I am getting more confused :sad:

I need your expert advice which system to go for? Pros n cons for each setup will be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Abhishek

Home Theater is a home theater only when you watch movie, when you listen to music only front two speakers will work in stereo mode, so going for a Home theater would be wise decision especially given that the Home theater only cost as much or slightly more than a stereo system. But of course , if you spend a home theater's money on a stereo system, you will land up with a higher quality system.

Go for satellite system only if space is really at scarce, otherwise at least go for a book shelf speaker. However, if you want to go for satellite seekers (Like bose) then I would recommend Polk's blackstone. It will definitely do justice for the money you are paying and they are one of the best in market.

I would not buy Bose.

Bose conemate is a 2.1 speaker set and moreover its overpriced no one will recommend that here including me

polk is a good choice, if your budget is 60K, then also look for definitive procinema 600 speaker package with denon 1312, I can recommend a dealer in pune who would have these, PM for his contact details if you need

I would suggest Denon 1612 or similar range avr with Energy take classic. Thou it is small is size, definitely will not disappoint you in the music department.

If Your Budget is 60K, why don't you go for the more advanced 1912 with Energy classic speakers or probably some decent DIY speakers. 1912 will be a better option any given day.

Moreover I would recommend you to once have a look at Onkyo HT-S5400 Home Theater. Just give it a try once if you have a Onkyo Dealer near you. I am sure you wont be disappointed, however It will just spice up your Confusion..!!! :)

hi guys,

thanks for the useful info....now the only thing left is...

is there any showroom in pune where i can see the speakers and listen to them...i cant find any dealer or showroom here...

speakers in consideration now are:
polk TL1600 Blackstone/RM 705
Energy take classic ( i heard great reviews about it too)

is anyone using the above speakers?

if there is any good shop in mumbai then i can go to mumbai to check them out...

hi guys,

thanks a lot for the useful info...

can you tell me where can i listen to these speakers to test for my self...

i m talking here about Energy take classic/polk audio blackstone/rm705

i m in pune..if there is any dealer in pune where i can listen then its fine...or i m ready to go to mumbai if its worth it

regards
abhishek

Thanks for the reply guys..

does anyone know where can i listen to these speakers:
Energy Take classic 5.1/ polk audio rm705/blackstone...

i m in pune...not sure that there is any dealer for these here..

plzz suggest....i can go to mumbai if there are some?

-abhishek

check the following

The Sound Factor
Address: Shop No 2, East Street Galleria, East Street 2421, East Street, Camp Cantonment , Pune

Aquarius Electronics
Shop Num 17, Ground Floor,
Kumar Pavilion, Next to Victory Theater,
2424, East Street, Camp,

AV Excellence
19, Akshay Complex , Dhole Patil Road

rohit enterprises (PM me to get his phone no)

Stay clear of Polk RM705. If you get the earlier version of RM6750, pick it up. 705 is definitely not good. Small drivers, congested sound. ETC is the best bet in its price range. But I dont think it is available easily

If Your Budget is 60K, why don't you go for the more advanced 1912 with Energy classic speakers or probably some decent DIY speakers. 1912 will be a better option any given day.

Moreover I would recommend you to once have a look at Onkyo HT-S5400 Home Theater. Just give it a try once if you have a Onkyo Dealer near you. I am sure you wont be disappointed, however It will just spice up your Confusion..!!! :)

yes saurabh..i agree that 1912 is a better choice any given day....but the price for 1912 is 45k and i would be left only with 15k for speakers ...energy take classic with 1612 will be in my budget...

i will search for onkyo dealer and give it a try this coming weekend...thanks :)

check the following

The Sound Factor
Address: Shop No 2, East Street Galleria, East Street 2421, East Street, Camp Cantonment , Pune

Aquarius Electronics
Shop Num 17, Ground Floor,
Kumar Pavilion, Next to Victory Theater,
2424, East Street, Camp,

AV Excellence
19, Akshay Complex , Dhole Patil Road

rohit enterprises (PM me to get his phone no)

thanks saj...cant wait for the weekend :)
Also if u can send me the no. of rohit enterprises...would be great :yahoo:

yes saurabh..i agree that 1912 is a better choice any given day....but the price for 1912 is 45k and i would be left only with 15k for speakers ...energy take classic with 1612 will be in my budget...

i will search for onkyo dealer and give it a try this coming weekend...thanks :)
Great, Do check it out. Also 1912 should be for 36K, But I agree in the End for good Speakers You might End up spending Around 85K including 1912, which is a huge Difference.

I understand cuz I am also in the same dilemma

@saurabh: where u got the quote for 36k for 1912....i cant find any place or site...i searched on the forum and ppl are saying that u can get it in less then 450 euro if u order one from amazon.de....

i want to know from the forum members did anyone bought anything from amazon.de

plus i read more and more and most of the members are suggesting to build ur HT step by step....buy avr...then go for FS/book shelf speakers...then center subwoofer etc....

i want to know if i take that approach the total will go around 1.5 k ...plus i dont know how much my room will be occupied...and i am gonna use it in a small room as i mentioned ...the area is around 150 sq ft....

it seems the more u read the more confused u get...
ignorance is bliss :)

Hi,

I am planning to take the risk n getting atleast 1912 from amazon.de....if i m getting that in less than 400 euro worth the risk....
RTI A3 is available there for 205 euro...

how about this combo....Polk TSi 200 as main speakers,CS10,PSW110 for now....for surround can be added later....if there is anything better in the above category in the same price range please suggest....

I would say go for the Rti A3 instead of Tsi200. Cs10 for centef is perfect. Also for sub you can look at the PsW125 also.
For surround i am going for wharfedale 10 dfs instead of polks owm.

Hi Saurabh,

I ahev seen a similar setup yesterday at Bass n Treble. Only the front was tsi300.

What is the price your getting for these?

Also is there any other shop in Gurgaon/delhi which has different combos?

Thanks

Also is there any other shop in Gurgaon/delhi which has different combos?
Thanks

In Metropolitan Mall, there are few shops where you can audition different combinations like Mordaunt Short, Cambridge Audio, Denon, Jamo etc.. on 2nd floor..

hi guys,

thanks for the useful info....now the only thing left is...

is there any showroom in pune where i can see the speakers and listen to them...i cant find any dealer or showroom here...

speakers in consideration now are:
polk TL1600 Blackstone/RM 705
Energy take classic ( i heard great reviews about it too)

is anyone using the above speakers?

if there is any good shop in mumbai then i can go to mumbai to check them out...

Also try Denon 1612 (24k) with Polk Tsi 300 (23K) with or without Subs (13k). I have heard it and it will sound good as stereo as well as HT. Gd luck.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back