denon 1612\1713 + polk tsi 400..suggestions needed

abhish002

Hi All,
I am in search of a Home Theater setup which i could use for both watching movies and listening to music. My budget started by thinking of going for the Denon 1312xp home theater package beleiving that it is very good and thanked God that i will not have to spend more than 30k to satisfy my Cinema and music needs. But alas i had to end up on this forum :rolleyes:

Now after going through all the posts i realised that there is so much better to be had..:licklips: So I have decided to go the avr+speakers route and am ready to go the slow steps to heaven way ;)

Now my problem is in deciding wether i need a Floor standing speaker or will bookshelves do.
I liked to go the Denon 1612 + Polk tsi 400 first or
Denon 1612 + Polk tsi 200 + cs10 ( my starting budget is 50 to 55k max )

My current room size is quite big but will be shifting to an appartment soon and will be using the speakers with my newly bought Samsung 7 sereis 46inch led tv which will be placed in a mediumly sized living area.

Now i have not auditioned anything.. i happened to listen to a Sony HT costing around 20k during my TV purchase and i was seriously aww struck at its astoundingly low performance even in comparison to my logitech x540 speakers i got for 5k :annoyed: ( how Sony, LG stc cheat ppl)

I like rounded, clear sound with tight bass.

Please let me know prices of these products in bangalore (preferably people from bangalore who happen to purchase or enquire..)
Also suggest me places to audition and get best deals..

All are welcome to give me different and better suggestions also :)

:signthankspin:

May be, its Puja time.

Im in search of a similar system with similar budget and our minds match.

So, Im going to Subscribe to this thread to look for replies.

You can check my threads from my profile and get a lot of time.

Prosenjit, one member from this forum is a very very talented and helpful guy, who answered all of my stupid questions so far. :)

You may wait for his reply here.

May be, its Puja time.

Im in search of a similar system with similar budget and our minds match.

So, Im going to Subscribe to this thread to look for replies.

You can check my threads from my profile and get a lot of time.

Prosenjit, one member from this forum is a very very talented and helpful guy, who answered all of my stupid questions so far. :)

You may wait for his reply here.

Yes you might be right it is puja time :)
And i will wait for the replies.. :) in the mean time will check your threads too..

in bangalore there are many options.hearing/demoing is very very important.although denon polk combo is very populer....you may like any other combo more..so demo as many as much combos possible.
and yes it is always a very very nice idea to go step by step.
that is avr and 2 speakers now.
centre,rear,sub later....

and for a 15*10 room it is better to buy similarly priced high end bookshelves than floorstanders...still thats a personal choice,demo is very very imp.

try marantz/denon avr....
speakers...wharfedale,sonodyne,paradigm,monitor udio,polk,...also many more.

hmm high end bookshelves.. will they actually sound better than a floor stander? I m not looking for loudness but quality so if high end bookshelves can sound better then I won't mind.. but can u tell me any specific model so I can audition that.. :)

I seem to be getting no replies :(
I have one more question.. how good are the klipsh F-10 when paired with denon and where can i audition\buy the klipsh speakers in bangalore. Also if anyone knows can tell me its approximate pricing...

Thanks and please reply..:eek:

Hi All,
I am in search of a Home Theater setup which i could use for both watching movies and listening to music. My budget started by thinking of going for the Denon 1312xp home theater package beleiving that it is very good and thanked God that i will not have to spend more than 30k to satisfy my Cinema and music needs. But alas i had to end up on this forum :rolleyes:

Now after going through all the posts i realised that there is so much better to be had..:licklips: So I have decided to go the avr+speakers route and am ready to go the slow steps to heaven way ;)

Now my problem is in deciding wether i need a Floor standing speaker or will bookshelves do.
I liked to go the Denon 1612 + Polk tsi 400 first or
Denon 1612 + Polk tsi 200 + cs10 ( my starting budget is 50 to 55k max )

My current room size is quite big but will be shifting to an appartment soon and will be using the speakers with my newly bought Samsung 7 sereis 46inch led tv which will be placed in a mediumly sized living area.

Now i have not auditioned anything.. i happened to listen to a Sony HT costing around 20k during my TV purchase and i was seriously aww struck at its astoundingly low performance even in comparison to my logitech x540 speakers i got for 5k :annoyed: ( how Sony, LG stc cheat ppl)

I like rounded, clear sound with tight bass.

Please let me know prices of these products in bangalore (preferably people from bangalore who happen to purchase or enquire..)
Also suggest me places to audition and get best deals..

All are welcome to give me different and better suggestions also :)

:signthankspin:

If your medium size rooms is anywhere between 200 - 300Sqft, then you can look @ Floorstanding speakers also..

My personal experience/Suggestion.... Start with good speakers & used amplifier/receiver.....When you have finished getting your 5.1 system, upgrade your receiver....

When you buy a new receiver, it will eat more than 50% of your budget......

The most VFM product that i would suggest is Sonodyne Sonus range (indian brand).....They do a very good job for HT system...

Sonus 2605 FS (27K) / Sonus 2504 (17K) / Sonus 1501 (10K) + Sonus C2401 (6k) + Sonus Rears dipoles (10K) + they have 3 subwoofers in the range of 12 - 25K.

Mix match your combination based on your budget. You will have very good HT with in your budget of 50 ~ 60K.

You can look for other brands as well, Polk / PSB / KEF / Paradigm / Wharfedale / Mission / Klipsch / Jamo / Monitor Audio / DALI...But all these are on the higher price..

Search the forum a speaker a day & within a week you will roughly get an idea of how much it costs & FM feedback on these Products...

Also listen to as many HT systems as you can for your budget and then take your best pick :clapping:

Mix match your combination based on your budget. You will have very good HT with in your budget of 50 ~ 60K.

Lets say, we spend 36k on AVR.

Make a brief plan for speakers within 60k budget please. :)

Would love to hear your suggestions, as Im looking for the same range.

Lets say, we spend 36k on AVR.

Make a brief plan for speakers within 60k budget please. :)

Would love to hear your suggestions, as Im looking for the same range.

When you spend 36K on receiver out of your budget of 60K, you are left with 24K :)

So if you have a approx > 200 Sqft room, then FS will be the best bet.. Since your remaining budget is only 24K, either settle for BS (or) increase your budget...

If you have < 200 Sqft, you can always go for BS Combo...So Sonus BS + Center speaker alone Max..

Okay, forget the budget.

Suggest some speakers for making the 5.1 system to go with Denon 1713 .

I mean, keeping the lowest of budget to afford the 5.1 speakers, do suggest.

Okay, forget the budget.

Suggest some speakers for making the 5.1 system to go with Denon 1713 .

I mean, keeping the lowest of budget to afford the 5.1 speakers, do suggest.

ok...5.1 Speakers for lowest budget (Mid Size) that i could think of is Sonodyne

Sonus 1501 BS (10K) + Sonus C2401 (6k) + Sonus Rears dipoles (10K) + Roar 108 Subwoofer (13K) / Astonia Audio PS-2000 Subwooferr (12.5K) .. So Approx 40K....:licklips:

If you still want lower you can look at their Sub Sat Combo..Sonodyne Genie series...Genie speaker (Approx 4K each) X 5 speakers + Astonia Subwoofer (12.5K) = 33K :)

I am not aware of any other brands @ 40K.. If there is any other FM could recommend....

thanks for the reply elangoas :)
Can I know what is the sound signature of Sonodyne speakers? I mean is it bright or rounded and how will it be in combination with denon receivers will it be good for music and movies both??
Also i actually have 2 sonodyne floor standers lying around at home but they are quite old so i have no idea of its model but was thinking of using it as stand by surrounds.. hw good an idea is this??
I also have a Jamo subwoofer ( again very old but its quite big :eek:hyeah:) and needs to be fixed though...some ic prob..
so now that i have these stand byes that i can use please suggest me how i should approach.

P.S: My dad is a sound engineer and used to service speakers also and tat is how i ended up with these spare speakers.. ;)

thanks for the reply elangoas :)
Can I know what is the sound signature of Sonodyne speakers? I mean is it bright or rounded and how will it be in combination with denon receivers will it be good for music and movies both??
Also i actually have 2 sonodyne floor standers lying around at home but they are quite old so i have no idea of its model but was thinking of using it as stand by surrounds.. hw good an idea is this??
I also have a Jamo subwoofer ( again very old but its quite big :eek:hyeah:) and needs to be fixed though...some ic prob..
so now that i have these stand byes that i can use please suggest me how i should approach.

P.S: My dad is a sound engineer and used to service speakers also and tat is how i ended up with these spare speakers.. ;)

Sonodyne are lil on the brighter side But not bright like Klipsch.... Any warm amplifier/receiver like Marantz will do justice...Marantz is very good for both Music / Movies...Others brands are equally good....juz that Marantz would surpass them when it comes to stereo. (My first hand experience)

Since you already have Sonodyne old speakers, you could use them as surrounds and also your Jamo subwoofer....Check them with your dad if it is fine & if they are working fine...So have saved some money:yahoo:...

If you decide to go for FS, then look for a receiver with pre-outs so that you can add a stereo power amplifier like Norge 1200 - 17K (or) from other brands in future...

From the saved money, add a stereo power amplifier to your receiver. It will enhance your stereo listening & will give you a punchy performance (My own experience :eek:hyeah:)

Last edited:
Sonodyne are lil on the brighter side But not bright like Klipsch.... Any warm amplifier/receiver like Marantz will do justice...Marantz is very good for both Music / Movies...Others brands are equally good....juz that Marantz would surpass them when it comes to stereo. (My first hand experience)

Since you already have Sonodyne old speakers, you could use them as surrounds and also your Jamo subwoofer....Check them with your dad if it is fine & if they are working fine...So have saved some money:yahoo:...

If you decide to go for FS, then look for a receiver with pre-outs so that you can add a stereo power amplifier like Norge 1200 - 17K (or) from other brands in future...

From the saved money, add a stereo power amplifier to your receiver. It will enhance your stereo listening & will give you a punchy performance (My own experience :eek:hyeah:)

great.. :)
If i am not wrong Denon 1612 does come with pre-outs.. and if not Denon then which model in Marantz? 1402? How does this compare to Denon 1612 and if Marantz then which brand goes well it?? Again sonodyne? or can u suggest a better brand now that i have saved money ;)

AVR + Power Stereo Amplifier?

Are they both different kind of products?
Sorry I'm new to all this as well.

Abhi, did you check Denon 1913?

If i am not wrong Denon 1612 does come with pre-outs.. and if not Denon then which model in Marantz? 1402? How does this compare to Denon 1612 and if Marantz then which brand goes well it?? Again sonodyne? or can u suggest a better brand now that i have saved money ;)

Denon 1612 has Sub woofer Pre outs...which is usually found on all receivers... What i meant was Line level Pre outs for all 7.1 channels so that you can add power amplifier later...

Marantz most of the current models are generally good for for both Music & Movies..Marantz SR 5xxx/6xxx series If you specifically ask...

For other brands, you can look @ wharfedale diamond 9.x/10.x series Affordable after Sonodyne... A Top of the line FS 10.7 will set you by 64K.. they have FS range from 40 - 65K... A center channel speaker alone will set you by 15K....

Then you have PSB speakers..Image T5/T6 FS speakers.. Around 55/75K resp... Not heard the price of PSB Image Center channel speaker...

Polk RTI series...Again a bunch of FS to choose from ranging from 40K - 60K...Center channel again 15 K..

Any international brand largest BS speaker range starts from a minimum of 20K..So if you are planning for a FS, then multiply the BS speaker price by approx 2 - 2.5 times...You will get an approx price.

If you search the forum with a specific speaker model, you will get the latest prices & contact details in that thread....

Try audition as many speakers as you can for your budget....Then you can pick which you liked/sounds best to you...

denon 1612 doesnt come with preouts...... low or mid range models now a days doesnt have any preouts.....cheapest is Harman kardon 3600 which will cost u around 40K.

AVR + Power Stereo Amplifier?

Are they both different kind of products?
Sorry I'm new to all this as well.

Abhi, did you check Denon 1913?

No worries buddy.. AVR stands for Audio Video Receiver.... As the name suggests it receives connections from different sources, amplifies it & then sends that signal to the speaker...

Stereo power amplifier- Itz function is to take the signal from the receiver / Pre-amplifier, amplify them & power the speakers....

Google for more information..You will have plenty of links to understand what it is...

Back