Denon 1911 from SINGAPORE ?

theneer

I am US for 1 week and want to buy Denon 1911 from here. prices here are $599. I am also going to Singapore next month for a week. I am thinking if it would make more sense to buy from SIN due to NTSC/PAL and Voltage compatibility. I couldn't find much info online on Denon Purchases in Singapore. Can anyone share the exp buying Denon 1911 from SIN ? how much ? duty ? india service? from where?

btw its cost 36k in Bangalore.

Can you please recommend me the shop in Singapore from where it can be purchased directly from the store and If the prices are fixed or can be bargained for better price?

@ Theneer

I think you will save money by buying from US. Denon 1911 is not 600 $ but approx 400-440 $ in the US what you are talking about the MSRP but usually you get decent discount by buying online from various sites and some may even offer store pickup ( which saves yo time involved in shipping etc )

Denon 1911 on Crutchfield.com is 400$ i.e approx 18K INR now you will have see if you can get the delivery before your departure date or if not if you can get a decent store pickup deal, search on web and there are tons of online stores in the US ( e.g Buy.com, newegg.com, amazon.com, 6ave.com, onecall.com and the list goes on )

Crutchfield link for denon @ 400 $ is given below
Denon AVR-1911 Home theater receiver with 3D-ready HDMI switching at Crutchfield.com

Good luck for your purchase.

Regards,
Naren

@ Theneer

I think you will save money by buying from US. Denon 1911 is not 600 $ but approx 400-440 $ in the US what you are talking about the MSRP but usually you get decent discount by buying online from various sites and some may even offer store pickup ( which saves yo time involved in shipping etc )

Denon 1911 on Crutchfield.com is 400$ i.e approx 18K INR now you will have see if you can get the delivery before your departure date or if not if you can get a decent store pickup deal, search on web and there are tons of online stores in the US ( e.g Buy.com, newegg.com, amazon.com, 6ave.com, onecall.com and the list goes on )

Crutchfield link for denon @ 400 $ is given below
Denon AVR-1911 Home theater receiver with 3D-ready HDMI switching at Crutchfield.com

Good luck for your purchase.

Regards,
Naren

its true that its reatiling at 400USD but add customs and delivery charges it will come to 33k in india + the transformer cost to deal with its 110v electric handling thing. so all in all if you get the 220-230v av at cheaper or same price in singapore then get it :)

Adelphi would the place you should look for the same in singapore...

waise i heard electonics are costly in singapore...so dnt know whether you will get a good price or not. but still no harm in trying.

All the best!

Adelphi would the place you should look for the same in singapore...

waise i heard electonics are costly in singapore...so dnt know whether you will get a good price or not. but still no harm in trying.

All the best!

Yes, you are right. Most electronic items are costlier or or the same compared to prices in India. Buy in India, enjoy the local warrantly, no shipping or customs headache.

Theneer, the price quoted is the final price, no intl warrantly. It is only a local warranty.

Hi Midnitefreakin,

To the best of my knowledge, there wont be any custom duty on electronics subject to max value being upto 25K INR ( and if the return is in less than 7 days then the limit is 15K i think) delivery charges wont apply as he is in US and getting it with him however if he carrys it as a 3rd luggage then he may have to incur around 150$ extra, step down transformer will definitely be reqd if bought from US.

I guess hes can decide what works best for him considering all the factors :)

Regards,
Naren

its true that its reatiling at 400USD but add customs and delivery charges it will come to 33k in india + the transformer cost to deal with its 110v electric handling thing. so all in all if you get the 220-230v av at cheaper or same price in singapore then get it :)

Last edited:
My suggestion - Buy it from India. You'll have less of trouble in getting it to your home and service will be easier.

(Denon has good distribution in India).

You can also look for the corresponding 3-digit model - Denon 791 while you search for any deals in local stores like BestBuy etc. or even while you search deals online.
Btw, I am in the process of getting 791 from US through a colleague, was bought at Bestbuy deal that cost me $430 including taxes (Net price $530 - $100 Bestbuy gift card)

For more information on what these 3-digit models are and what the minor differences are, check this informative FAQ @ AVS forum

@ gk@hyd,

Is Denon 791 better than Denon 1911? the link given by you of "avsforum " suggests that three digits models are for consumers and the four digit models ( like 1911) are sold at Hifisops, and the three digits models have slightly lesser functionality and if that is correct then shouldnt the price of 3 digits models less than the 4 digits models?

You are having to pay 530$ and the net price after gift card shall be 430 $ ( which will make it necessary to spend another 100 $ on bestbuy)

However the four digit model 1911 is available for 400 $ on crutchfield and if four digits are slightly function rich why pay more for 3 digits model !! and you are not forced to buy any gift card too :)

Regards,
Naren

You can also look for the corresponding 3-digit model - Denon 791 while you search for any deals in local stores like BestBuy etc. or even while you search deals online.
Btw, I am in the process of getting 791 from US through a colleague, was bought at Bestbuy deal that cost me $430 including taxes (Net price $530 - $100 Bestbuy gift card)

For more information on what these 3-digit models are and what the minor differences are, check this informative FAQ @ AVS forum

@ gk@hyd,

Is Denon 791 better than Denon 1911? the link given by you of "avsforum " suggests that three digits models are for consumers and the four digit models ( like 1911) are sold at Hifisops, and the three digits models have slightly lesser functionality and if that is correct then shouldnt the price of 3 digits models less than the 4 digits models?

You are having to pay 530$ and the net price after gift card shall be 430 $ ( which will make it necessary to spend another 100 $ on bestbuy)

However the four digit model 1911 is available for 400 $ on crutchfield and if four digits are slightly function rich why pay more for 3 digits model !! and you are not forced to buy any gift card too :)

Regards,
Naren

@Naren,

I had to pick 791 due to the availability/shipping reasons, not that it was better than 1911 (at the same time, wasn't missing anything that I would need)

Comparing online price and store price could be unfair, I was willing to pay slightly more that I could have the item handpicked from the store with no dependency on shipping.
Crutchfield price you quoted is without tax(depends on the state etc) and shipping. Even with a 3-day express delivery option(which may be another $30-$50), one can't guarantee that the item will arrive within 3 days, as the seller will take 1-3 days to get the creditcard authorization and to initiate the shipping.
As the member who posted this thread is on 1-week trip, buying online could be bit risky considering the uncertainty with shipping time, hence the suggestion of retail store. Most definitely 791 will be available for lesser price than 1911 (lesser, when compared within that store.. not comparing with the lowest available elsewhere), that way one could come close to $ tag of cheapest of 1911 online.

For the $100 giftcard, we never runout of options when it comes to picking electronics from US.. do we? :) I had asked my colleague to purchase a WD TV Live hub that could be taken by himself or one of my friends who are looking for a media player

Hope this clarifies :)

Last edited:
@ gk@hyd,

It wasnt too clear from you post that you picked up the three digit model because of its easy availability for store pickup, I thought you meant 3 digits is same as 4 digit Denon and yet available at lesser cost. But i understood what you meant now and I agree that it make alot of sense to pick up from store if the departure date is too close :)

Hi!

Since the AVR will be brought from abroad ,the warranties will be void mostly.
In that case the 1911 can be bought in India in the grey for around 30- 32 k.
Price in Dec 2010 in Mumbai.

Cheers,
Naj

I dont want to generalized but I feel lucky not to bring Denon 1911 from abroad. first off the airlines broke my luggage and secondly they broke my friend's TV. doesn't make sense to take risk for 10k.

planing to purchase locally.

Cost comparison is as follows
US on-line purchase < US shop purchase < Singapore shop purchase.

Singapore shops should be costlier compared to US shops by at least 10%. There are offers running these shops all the time. If you are luck you'll find an offer that'll reduce the cost below regular US shop price. I was lucky to get a Sony Blu-ray player from S'pore in such an offer at a great price.

Yes, you are right. Most electronic items are costlier or or the same compared to prices in India. Buy in India, enjoy the local warrantly, no shipping or customs headache.

Theneer, the price quoted is the final price, no intl warrantly. It is only a local warranty.

Hi friends

How about buying speakers from SINGAPORE ? I am looking for a pair of small bookshelf. How are prices in Singapore than India ? I am planning a visit next month...

thanks

Hi friends

How about buying speakers from SINGAPORE ? I am looking for a pair of small bookshelf. How are prices in Singapore than India ? I am planning a visit next month...

thanks

If I were to say, that speaker prices in Singapore are 50% cheaper than India, would you buy it?:mad:

With out knowing the brand that you want to buy, how can anyone comment on the prices, some brands could be cheaper or some more than India. Depends on what you want.

This weekend there is an IT expo in Singapore, i am told that you can expect some good deals for electronics, may be you want to prepone your trip?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back